The Gower Golf Club
  • Pool
US$85
US$80
  • Restaurant
The White House(Swansea)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$67
Priceline
Travelodge Swansea M4(Swansea)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
US$114
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Swansea Central Hotel(Swansea)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspro shopfree golfgreat golfinggolfing breaklovely locationsunday lunchfull english breakfastfamily weddingspent two nightscooked breakfastbed and breakfastcouple of nightscomfortable roomtwo night stayshort breakmain buildingtea and coffee
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A golf course with the most amazing views and a true test of your game! (free to guests after 6pm, and very friendly inviting members). Rooms were fairly basic but for the price are good value and they were clean and spacious.
Hotel staff were very good, I played golf beyond their normal cut off for evening meals but they made the effort and ensured I was well fed upon my return. Likewise, needing to hit road early they once again dealt with my request and a great breakfast butty to takeaway was ready as I checked out very early. Only wish I could have stayed a bit longer.
Any golfer who travels for work and vists the Swansea area during the summer should seriously get booked in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The location is excellent and the staff are great.
The housekeeping just isn't up to scratch and the rooms need regular maintenance.
The ceiling light in our bathroom didn't work and despite reporting it twice, it remained broken throughout our two night stay.
There was no toilet roll holder and we had to ask for a shower mat that we could step onto after showering. The beds were not made after our first night, the tea cups were not washed up and the milk, tea etc was not stocked up. The shower cubicle needed a good dose of bleach and deep cleaning.
We are just puzzled that this potential gold mine is not managed properly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Val D
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I'm giving this 2 stars because of the golf course but if my report was based on the hotel it would be zero stars.
The whole place is filthy.
I booked a room with a double bed received a twin room. One bed was broken with the wheel off.
The wardrobe had a handle missing with a large screw poking out. Dangerous.
The tv remote was missing so I turned tv on by the buttons only to find the screen was broken.
Ensuite was filthy covered in damp.
Played a round of golf on a reasonable course with nice greens.
After I wanted to eat in the bar but there was no menu as it had been a busy weekend and they had no food in. (This was Wednesday)
But the made a quick menu with 3 things on it.
No starters no sweets
I had the gammon egg peas and chips. No peas as they had run out!
Awful.
The staff are friendly and pleasant.
My advice is to play golf there but eat and stay somewhere else.
I will not be going back.

Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Charles H
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The room was very tired and could have done with some upgrading. The furniture was very worn and the towels had threads hanging off them. However, the views from the room and the breakfast were superb.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sadvad
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We have just returned from The Gower Golf club after our third visit. As usual our stay was most enjoyable. Great course, great staff and great food. We had lots of rain but were able to get four rounds of golf in. I suggest to those who have not been to The Gower to get down there as soon as you can. You will not regret it!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are okay
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends