“Unsure why so many bad reviews?”

National Waterfront Museum
Ranked #14 of 123 things to do in Swansea
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We came here thinking this museum may be based around waterfront history, such as sailing and boating but when we got inside it was the entire history of industrial Wales. Also there were lifestyle displays. I found there was so much to see and learn, but my husband thought it was too big and waited a while for me to go around. The shop was great. We found so many bits and pieces for souvenirs. Would go back if in Swansea again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Been to this museum many times before, the building is very spacious. There is also a nice cafe and lots of interactive exhibits about Swansea. This is a very nice museum!

1  Thank Clare M
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I didn't find this museum particularly interesting. I found it hard to navigate and it didn't seem to be very focused on any subjects in particular. There was interactive points for kids but I felt it didn't hold me. The videos were interesting but that was about it. Shame really.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Visited for the first time, there are a lots of interesting exhibitions on different themes. I agree that the set up is a bit higgledy piggledy and difficult to know what to see and in what order. There is lots of interaction with every exhibition some of the screen were close together, but all in all a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We enjoyed a couple of hours here on a Sunday on the first bank holiday weekend of May.

Lots of interesting and hands on exhibits, good views of the marina. Light, airy and well thought out.

Brilliant little vintage fair on while we were there, and it seems there are often similar events on.

Will definitely visit again.