2,206 results
All reviewsclub roomleisure facilitiesan upper deck roomvictory pubsky tvsteam roomgood sizecoffee machineleisure clubchanging roomsstandard roommodern hotelgreat facilitiessunday nightreception staffweekend breakbusiness trip
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Nice holiday week spent in Swansea, it's nice to have the pool for those rainy days. Good size room (upper deck) good breakfast to fill you for the day. Recommend a trip along the Gower coast along to Rhossili the views are lovely and if the weather is good there is a great beach to enjoy.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Adam_M_Smith, General Manager at Village Hotel Swansea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Many thanks for your great review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed spending the week in the hotel and in particular the lovely, large swimming pool we have available for residents.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Ideal hotel within a short walk of the city centre and the bay. could not fault a thing, but ask for a room on the bay side of the hotel as the road can be noisy on a warm night if you have to have your window open, but you can not hear the road with the window shut.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for your 5 star review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the excellent level of service provided.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Handily situated for a trip to the Swansea area or Gower, with good car park. Upper Deck rooms are a good size and I enjoyed a dip in the pool. It's a good place for an overnight stay. I didn't eat in the restaurant, but would be tempted to see what else Swansea had to offer if heading back

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for your review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel ideally located to visit the Swansea area.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We stayed for 1 night to celebrate my birthday and took advantage of the Friday Night Deal. From the minute we arrived the staff could not be more attentive and polite, particularly Lucas on reception. We'd upgraded to an Upper Deck room and it was lovely with a coffee maker, huge Sky TV and a big bathroom. We had a lovely evening meal and had a complimentary bottle of wine, my desert plate was decorated with a chocolate Happy Birthday. Just the best service ever!!!

Room Tip: Upper deck with sea view, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your 5 star review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and that you were able to take advantage of the Friday night deal to celebrate your birthday.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Overall, my experience is now overshadowed by being charged for something my grand-daughter and me didn't receive. I am very unhappy that despite me raising this issue twice at reception, Nothing was done about this, I am still awaiting a phone call and refund. I have previously enjoyed staying at this hotel. it was a treat for my grand-daughter and me, whilst visiting family in Swansea. I don't think I will stay there again. Very poor show.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for your review.

I was sorry to read that you were over charged for something that you did not have.

I have spoken with the reception team member who you spoke with regarding the overcharge. They have assured me that at the time you raised the query it was confirmed that your refund would take place. Refunds can take up to 10 working days to show back in your accounts. Please accept my apologies if this was not communicated to you.

Once again please accept my apologies and please do feel free to contact the hotel team directly if you have any further questions.