“family stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Swansea
London
“family stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Perfectly situated, friendly helpful staff.
Parking is a problem. The NCP worked out for us and Travelodge provide a discounted price. The area was not particularly busy during our stay, parking will present a real problem in busy periods.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last year for 3 nights & gave it a very good rating but this year have given it an average mainly due to the shower or more like a dribble & at one point it virtually stopped completely, it's almost as if when others are using their showers yours cuts out which is a real pain if you are covered in lather you just have to wait & pray it comes back on before you get too cold & it took me nearly 15 minutes to shower as opposed to my regular 5. Will probably pay a bit more from now & stay in a Premier Inn or the Grand as I don't enjoy having bad experiences & this is my second one at a Travelodge.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ingodingo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Bit of a mixed review, Hotel was in a brilliant location 10 mins from the marina and beach, 5 mins from the bus station, and 2 mins to the shopping centre and street of bars!! just been recently refurbished, very clean and tidy, being close to the shops was very noisy in the early hours with bin lorries and vans unloading, we stopped in room 104 if i visited again would ask for a room on a higher floor....reason i'm giving 4 not 5 is the first morning we came down to breakfast at 9.20 (breakfast finishes at 10am) there wasn't alot of choice of breakfast, my husband asked if they would be putting more food out and they said no because they had been busier earlier so all the food had gone for the day, not the answer we were expecting and very poor!! on a positive note i would like to say thank you to Gemma, just for being really friendly, happy and welcoming, always nice to be greeted by someone who looks like they like their job and not because they have to be there, if we were to visit Swansea again we would return here.

Room Tip: ask for room on higher floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel has recently been refurbished with comfortable King size beds. Rooms at the back suffer from excessive noise from the adjacent Iceland store refrigeration units air conditioning would help.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank dougbabs
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were booked in at the M4 Travelodge near Swansea, but when we arrived tired out from a long trip we were told that they had double booked, so we hadn't got a room. They were trying to get one in Swansea Central Travelodge, but it may only be for the first night of three, which would mean packing all our stuff up again and returning the following day. Well - we arrived at Swansea central and were greeted very well. A room was waiting for us and a complementary breakfast and car park paid. On asking if we could stay the three nights they were unsure but would let us know. They phoned us on the mobile to say that yes we could stay the three nights. Thank goodness for that! We also were given complimentary breakfast for all three days and also had the car park paid.
The room was basic as they are, but clean and fresh. A bit noisy as it was next to the road, but that was to be expected. The staff were fantastic. Very helpful, friendly and understanding. All in all a very good experience after a really awful beginning.

Room Tip: Unsure as we had one at the front on the second floor hence by the road.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank fenningrw
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here two months ago when I went to check in they had told me I had booked on the incorrect day which made my stay a nightmare i paid for a new night when i got home i checked my details and in fact it wasn't my mistake it was the hotels I went back the next day and they give me the customer service email address which i emailed and to this day have never received an email back I have been back and fourth to this hotel for my refund and it was only Thursday after two months they only give me a refund of £42 which I am disgusted about as my stay wasn't the greatest i feel the way I have been treated is out of order even the people who work there were very suprised at the way Customer service had ignored me and then ignored their emails I would never stay in a travelodge again I would rather pay a little extra and stay somewhere a lot nicer.

Room Tip: Listen to me never stay there
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lisa W
South Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend recently stayed here for one night,after a night out in Swansea.Check in quick and easy and staff very polite and helpful.

Room was spacious,clean and fit for purpose.No air con though but as expected it is a budget hotel so we just left the windows open.Bathroom relativly clean despite the odd hair in the bath...but we coped!The bed was comfy and tea and coffee making facilities were good too.

Only complaint is that due to the location of the hotel and the fact we left the windows open for air,the nearby clock did chime every hour throughout the night which did wake me up but other than that not much outside noise heard.

As I say I've stayed in many travel-lodges in the past and all have met expectations.They are fit for purpose and at the end of the day it is a budget hotel so its not going to be like The Ritz!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple