“Basic, friendly crash-pad”

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Swansea
Chester, United Kingdom
“Basic, friendly crash-pad”
Reviewed 1 May 2007

I booked a twin room at the Hurst Dene for myself and a friend as we were in Swansea for one night to attend a party. When we arrived, we found that we'd actually been allocated one of their self-catering apartments - which would probably been really handy if we'd been staying longer.

The apartment was cheaply furnished (but at £58 a room, what more could you expect?!). There was a small double bedroom, a shower room and a kitchen/living area. The kitchen was well-equipped, with a fridge, kettle, toaster, microwave and full-size oven and hob. One thing I noticed as I was drifting off to sleep was that the bedclothes smelled incredibly fresh and clean - the whole apartment was in fact, spotlessly clean.

The staff were friendly and we were congratulated by a gentleman (who I assumed to be the owner) for making it down to breakfast after such a late night - I thought it was nice that he remembered us as it's a pretty big place.

I can't comment too much on the suitability of the location for those wanting to visit the city centre as we stayed in the suburbs but there was a wide selection of shops, restaurants and a cash point within easy walking distance.

Breakfast was fine - full English (or variations of) plus plenty of toast, a good variety of cereals, grapefruit and prunes.

One thing I would say is that, based on our experience, the rooms look nothing like those advertised (I have included my own pics)

4 Thank saffstar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)