“Excellent!”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Swansea
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My parents stayed in Beachcomber for some days. They came to Swansea to visit me, as I study here. They don't speak English and were really afraid of stay in a hostel by themselves... but the staff was really nice and patience with them, they helped me a lot in their stay here! I strongly recommend Beachcomber, it is a really nice place to stay, has a really helpful staff, a great breakfast, good rooms and bathrooms... It really worthes the price!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeh_Mulinari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on my own. From the outside it looks small but once inside is cosy and homely. Room was small but had everything I needed including its own bathroom. Breakfast is small but as it's included in the room rate I wasn't expecting too much. Only minor point was that the owner was bit rude when I asked for a clean Cup and tried to blame for me for being in my room at the time the cleaner came round. But I think they could of asked me to go downstairs for half hour while they cleaned. I wouldn't of minded that,but not really an issue just didn't really like the
attitude when I asked for
the clean Cup. However like I said hotel is lovely and I felt at home in my cosy room.Hotel is in perfect location-right on beach front.Highly recommend by me....

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Joshua W
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I spent three nights here and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a very small hotel on first appearance but you get a warm welcome from Richard on arrival. The rooms are very well presented, comfortable and clean. I found the beds comfy and slept like a log every night. The breakfast choice is impressive and extremely good value included in the price! The location is brilliant with parks within walking distance, the beach just over the road, town centre and shopping only 10 mins walk and easy driving distance to the Gower and Mumbles. A healthy selection of drinks at the bar and reasonable prices. The only downside is there is limited parking, though there are no restrictions out the front on a Sunday which was useful. I parked in a car park about 5 mins wak away which did the job and wasn't too expensive (£5 for a full day) and only chargeable from 9am - 7pm. Most importantly for me, the hotel is dog friendly as I brought my puppy Golden Retriever to stay and he was well behaved the whole time, and they were very accepting of him being there which was most appreciated. I also moved from a single room to a double room on the last night which was not too much trouble for Richard and he even moved my bags for me while I was out. All in all, a brilliant stay for extremely good value! Will happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay slightly more for a sea view - it's worth it
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steven E
Port Talbot
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is a great value guest house in Swansea, with views across Swansea Bay to Mumbles Head. Friendly welcome, clean and comfortable room with a hearty breakfast in the morning. Easy to get to on the ftrmetro (which passes train and bus station) if you haven't got a car.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
gatw
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed at the Beachcomber for 1 night and found the guest house very welcoming our room was very comfortable and very quiet. We got a really good nights sleep. The ensuite was really good and our room was well equipped. Breakfast was lovely with a good choice and a good view - shame about the weather! We look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back and it was so quiet -lovely
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Silsoe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Thanks to Richard and Debbie for an enjoyable 3 night stay whilst we completed several stages of The Wales Coast Path Walk. The rooms were clean, breakfast good and I liked the small bar in the guest lounge. The location for the coast path could not have been better as it passes in front of the B&B and its location to central Swansea was very convenient.
All in all a very good value for money stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank steveplant
Pordenone, Italy
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were travelling with our 2 children (aged 6 and 4). Location was wonderful, overlooking the sea from the window. The room was really tiny for 4 people (a king-size bed and a single bed by the window) but very clean and ensuite was perfect. Coffee/tea facilities and TV were in the room.Toiletries and plenty of towels were provided by the owner. Full cooked breakfast was gorgeous in the morning and the owner was very helpful.
A convenient possibility to buy take-away food and consume it inside the dining room of the guest-house is provided.
The guesthouse is walking distance from both beach and towncentre. very well located.
A really cheap and pleasant stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family