“Overpriced and disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Parilla

La Parilla
Ranked #232 of 640 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
England
“Overpriced and disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Service brusque and unfriendly. We didn't realise you had to order at the counter as no one told us, they have waiters who take the drinks orders at the table so we found going to order the food strange. Menu looked ok, I ordered chicken in a pepper sauce and that was what I got. For £15 I expected more than a tiny chicken breast and some sauce - a bowl of dried up potatoes came as well a few minutes later but that was it, no veg or embellishment, food poorly presented. We were really disappointed would not go back and would look elsewhere.

3 Thank Joy S

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Very ordinary, unexciting food, overpriced for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Ordered mussels, very small mussels, overcooked and several closed, so inedible. Why were they put in the dish ?
Main course on the plate with no trimmings, I love belly pork, but this was the most ordinary I have ever had, saute potatoes included on seperate dish looked as if they had been cooked and kept warm, appeared dried up.
The staff in the restaurant were very pleasant, but I think bar staff need a bit more training in customer relations.
I don't think we would go there again, much better restaurants in the area, it gets hyped up because of it's location.

2 Thank Daniel C
Neath, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant friday lunch dining!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have been here once or twice before and to be honest was not impressed at all, Myself and other half decided to give it a go on friday lunch time purely because the location is lovely on a nice day and the lunchtime menu is cheap! - Much nicer food and service than ive had previously, the food came quickly, the steak was delicious and the staff were friendly - its a shame this is not the case on every visit!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Becky R
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I'll keep it short and sweet. Chaotic atmosphere, disorganised ordering and payment system, basic food - poorly presented and expensive! Not worth the hype!

2 Thank tawti_travellers
United Kingdom
“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our table was booked for 3.45pm on a Sunday, to which my friends and I arrived promptly. When we got there, we were told by no less than FOUR different members of staff, rather impatiently, that we needed to order immediately as they were closing at 4pm.... Why take our booking if this was going to be a problem? Once we had been moved TWICE, mainly because it became apparent that they would be closing and cleaning both of our original tables, we went up to the counter to rush our order. There was ONE vegetarian option on the lunch menu, which was aubergine and tomato linguine. The portion was measly, it was so oily, it was difficult to eat and really lacking in any flavour. When I asked for parmesan, they could only provide parmesan crisps that felt like leftovers. The waiter took our drinks order at the table failed to tell me that my half pint of shandy would cost me £3.45. Now I'm more than prepared to pay a reasonable price for a reasonable product and service, but when I queried this I was told that it was because they had to open a whole bottle of lager in order for me to have my quarter of a pint. A whole bottle? I told the waitress that I'd not asked for a whole bottle as I was driving. She told me it was ok, they only poured me half and the rest went in the bin! I will not be returning in a hurry!

• 1 of 5 bubbles