“Doesn't disappoint”

P.A.'s Wine Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 643 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: British, Welsh, Seafood, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: tel 01792 367723
Derby, United Kingdom
“Doesn't disappoint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Returned after two years and still fantastic value and excellent food. Friendly service and wonderful food

Visited June 2014

Llanelli, United Kingdom
“"Value and Flavour combined"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a hidden gem hidden in the Mumbles, so easy to walk past. STOP LOOK & TRY! it is well worth the effort. On entering we were greeted with a smile and offered a choice of tables, (a good start!) A bread basket and butter was placed on the table with the lunchtime menu which was well balanced and suitable for most palates. Our starters consisted of soup and mushrooms both delicious, with main courses of hake fillet and a steak with a selection of daily veg. Both dishes were well presented and exceedingly flavoursome. The sweets chosen was the tiramasu which we found tasty with a zing but a little on the heavy side---our choice! Two minor items that could be improved upon would be side plates laid with the bread basket and the soup to be served at the correct temperature. My soup was so hot it needed a health and safety warning!!!! Hot food is a good fault, but not when taken to extremes, this was acknowleged and noted.
We called in for lunch on spec. but next time it will be with the expectation of another glorious well presented meal. The tolal cost including drinks amounted to £45 giving excellent value for our enjoyment.

• Visited June 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Consistant and lovely each time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been to Pas twice for special occasions and each time it has been wonderful. A great menu to choose from, decent prices, great service and quaint inside. It is great for a intimate family or couples dinner date.

• Visited February 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Every time a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Not the first time I've eaten at P.A's but thought I would at least give a review to what was another lovely visit.

My sister and I went today as a treat for my birthday. We received a table straight away and were shown the lunch menu. I found as I always do, the staff to be polite and courtious. The lunch menu had quite a few options but nothing really grabbing me so I asked to see the specials. I was given another menu this time with a wider array off the set lunch menu price. Quite frankly the 2 course lunch menu would normally have been more then fine but felt like something a bit more as we were celebrating.
We ended up choosing the Indian lamb skewer and goats cheese wrapped in parma ham for starters and the chicken supreme and mokfish with king prawns in a madras sauce for mains. Both came with vegetables. We both really enjoyed our food, my sisters plate was practically wiped clean by the end. Mine was delicious, monkfish cooked beautifully and the madras sauce had buckets of flavour without being over spicy.

Overall another pleasant meal. This really is a great little eatery. Don't be put off by the negative reviews. The menu is in season and usually features fish dishes a lot as you are in a coastal town. The food is presented beautifully and I am always left to feel that my custom has been valued.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Worth every penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

A lovely spot in mumbles with brilliant atmosphere and service. Food is always beautifully cooked and served promptly. Really impressive menu and specials, with something for everyone. All ingredients obviously fresh and prepared with love. My favourite restaurant in Swansea. Will always recommend.

• Visited May 2014