“Poor Service...cook your own food”
Review of papa sanchos stonegrill - CLOSED

Price range: US$51 - US$204
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Poor Service...cook your own food”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We had a table booked for 7.30 for a birthday party...didnt get seated until approx 9.30 No one in the staff seemed to know what to do or who to speak to when we let them know we were late being seated. On top of that you pay them for the chance to cook your own steak.... havent been back and wont rush back.

1 Thank Ashpearce694

Mumbles, United Kingdom
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I had a meal in here prior to going to see Chris Addison in the Swansea Grand Theatre last week. I've eaten in here a couple of times before but have never written a review for it. I had the meatball starter and my wife had the garlic bread starter. Both were perfectly acceptable although they weren't anything special.

For mains, my wife had the meatballs and I had the piri-piri chicken skewer served with potatoes and salad. Again, there was nothing wrong with them but they didn't have any great deal of flavour to them and that is the issue-I would love for the food to have a bit more 'kick' to it and then it would convince me to go back. As it is, I can get more flavourful chicken from Nandos.

The staff were friendly and effecient although they all disappeared at one point to go out the back which was a bit unusual but it's not my restaurant...

Would I go back again? Yes, I would but I would pick something different and a lot more spicy.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ACD80
Pontarrddulais
“Fantastic - and entertaining”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Absolutelutely love this restaurant! one of my favourite in Swansea!

The idea of cooking you own meat was so much fun to me and the meat tastes amazing!!

We have taken friends here and had valentines meals here and they have been outstanding! I recomend the mussells to start for any-one!

Once we went here for food and the we could over hear the cook explainging the menu and each dish to all of the waters/waitresses! This to me is whatI expect from a higher end establishment!

• Visited March 2012
wales
“Great steaks”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

One of the best steaks I've ever tasted, hardly any fat at all! Love he sides of veg and potatoes. The chilli bread, a must at ordering! The bread doughs are great at the start of meal

Visited November 2011
1 Thank churchillWales
Bristol
“One of the best steaks ever!”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Papa Sancho's is my all time favorite. I don't live in the area anymore, but I still think about going back there!
The food is just mind blowing. The meat is cooked exactly how you like it, and they have so much choice. I actually had a pasta dish when I went the second time which was equally as good.
The wine selection is great, and not too expensive, and the desserts are just as yummy.
I miss Papa Sancho's!