“Saturday night out with family”
Review of Dylan Thomas

Dylan Thomas
Ranked #331 of 723 Restaurants in Swansea
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I suggested we went here as have been here previously and enjoyed, hubs extremely apprehensive but agreed to give it a chance. Decor was modern table by the window. Staff extremely friendly and efficient. Busy but not too much waiting. I had chicken tikka big plate which was absolutely lovely hubs, daughters and boyfriend had burgers can’t remember names but they all thoroughly enjoyed. We were too full for dessert but all extremely happy and full and would definitely recommend!!

1  Thank Tinapro
Susan S, General Manager at Dylan Thomas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Tinapro, Thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Still in this place, the place is half empty, and finished our mains over 20mins ago. Still waiting for the plates to be cleared and the deserts to turn up. More than likely because I had the temerity to ask for the missing items of food on our mains. Seems to have given them the hump. I'm actually interested to see how long the waitress can carry on walking past our table and ignore the pile of plates, she's already reached over them once to drop a Sunday roast menu onto the table. Won't be coming back. I've put the plates on an unused table and begged for our deserts, wonder how long we'll be waiting this time. Won't be returning.

Hi wayne e, thank you for your feedback. Could you please call the pub to discuss this further on 01792 701670 and ask for Sue.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We go here often as the food is beautiful and the prices are great. Our son even eats all of his food.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Hi no1bates, Thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited this restaurant for the first (and last) time last week. I chose the cleanest of the tables I could find, which was still greasy and covered in bits of the last occupants lunch, and awaited our meals. On arrival (after 35 minutes), the meal bore no resemblance to the picture of it on the menu, and looked like it had been kept on a warmer for too long. I ordered the chicken New Yorker, which supposed to have bacon on top, with melted cheese and bbq sauce, but the bacon looked like it had been thrown on, and wasn't even on the chicken, and the sauce was dried solid on the plate. The chips were stick thin and couldn't be picked up with a fork as they would snap in half. My son (who is 20 and naive) said that it was ok for budget food, but I pointed out that the two meals and two cokes cost 19 pounds something, and I don't consider that to be 'budget' food. Also, I was not asked if I wanted ice in my coke, which I never do, and was given a coke with effectively two inches on coke, topped up with a pint of ice. The restaurant needs to up the ante with cleaning tables, send the food out on time, and make sure the presentation of the food is up to scratch.

Hi Babsrees,Thank you for your review. We are sorry you didn't enjoy the meal with us, If you had said at the time of your visit that you were not happy we would of happily replaced the meal for you. In regards to the coke it is our company policy to do all drinks with ice and a slice of fruit unless asked otherwise by the guest. If you would like to talk more about this please contact me on 01792 701670.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic food excellent service. Large portions. Will definitely be going back soon. Highly recommend the trio of chicken

Hi Txcuvibivx, Thank you for your great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon