“GREAT atmosphere, GORGEOUS food!!”

Tony Romas Ribs Seafood Steak
Ranked #155 of 1,128 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Tony Romas Belfast is an American franchise based in the vibrant Queens Quarter of the city. Specialising Ribs, Steaks and Seafood we cater for all ages, young and old alike. We have proved to be a family favourite in our 10 years of business in the city.
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I was heading out with my two cousins and one of my oldest friends to celebrate my cousins new job, but we didn't know where we wanted to go. I had heard about Tony Romas, but none of had been before, so I went on to the website and was VERY impressed with the food choices AND the fact that they did cocktails (as we were celebrating). One of my cousins has to use a walking frame, so I rang the restaurant to ask if they could facilitate the walking frame. They didn't take bookings for under 8 people, but the guy very thoughtfully offered to hold us a table as my cousin wouldn't be able to stand in a queue as she has walking difficulties. So I was already very impressed!
The 4 of us arrived at the restaurant around 8.40pm on Saturday night (01 Sept) and found the restaurant very accessible for someone with walking difficulties. We were taken straight to our seats and the next thing, the VERY lovely and MOST helpful "Frank" came along to take our drinks orders. As we hadn't been to the restaurant before, we had a few questions and Frank was very open and helpful about everything we asked about. He also warned us that our food would take maybe 15-20 minutes as they were so busy, which was fine as we all understood and just enjoyed the craic and the scrummy cocktails.
The food is DELICIOUS, the atmosphere was MIGHTY and the staff were VERY helpful.
We all had burgers and thoroughly enjoyed them as well as the trio of FRESHLY MADE deserts.
All in all we had a FANTASTIC night and will DEF be back soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Was at this restaurant last sunday the 26th august and will definately not be back. Walked into here to be greeted by a nice lady who we followed upstairs to get a seat. She placed us right infront of the bar which looked down onto our table. I didnt like this so i asked if we could move on down (i was looked at as if i had 2 heads) the boy then said "is here alright for you" in a sarcastic tone. I pulled out my chair and my seat was filthy and also i forgot to mention that the whole upstairs had a stale smell. I ordered bbq chicken and chips. It was soooooo bland! There wasnt even a bit of salad on the plate. My brother asked for chicken bites and the waiter said "na mate none left" eh what restaurant doesnt have food when the place first opens (this was at 5 o' clock). My mother got a burger which she also said was so bland with no flavour. After our meal we had a look at the dessert menu ( everything was clearly bought in) so we decided to leave. We then asked to pay by card and the lady explained that they do not take cards and that there was signs everywhere (im yet to see one).
Had to then find a cash machine and return. Overall experience was terrible we will not be back, we travelled 1 hour to get there to find a lack of atmosphere and food that is covered sauce to make it taste (average). Ps the chips are frozen (boke)

2  Thank Nursie123
Reviewed 30 August 2012

been here before for dinner a couple of times and always enjoyed it but went recently for a bit of lunch,it was great,had the nolita panini,it is my new favourite thing,i think i'm addicted!!it has turkey,pepporoni and a caper sauce and is huge!!and had a soft drink which i didn't realise had free refills.my brill new lunch place :)

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I visited with my wife on the 25th August and although the place was packed they were very nice and the food was excellent.I had the steak a ribs for a main course and it was delicous.I am a non drinker so the unlimited free refills was much apreciated as the last time I was in Frankie and Benny,s they charged £ 2.75 for a diet coke and no refill a bit of a rip of.My wife had a pasta dish and though the place dosn,t sell itself as an Italian she said it was delicous.We will be back

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I've been here a few times and the food is always great! 8 of us went for my friends birthday in December. We booked a table for 8.30pm on a Saturday night and were seated straight away. It was busy but died down a bit not long after we arrived. Service was very slow. We ordered at about 8.50 and didn't get our food untill 9.55!! Food was good but was too late. They didn't even apologise about the lateness. I would recommend here for the food but book early so you eat at a decent time :)