“Rude Manageress - won't go back”

Tony Romas Ribs Seafood Steak
Ranked #135 of 1,086 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Tony Romas Belfast is an American franchise based in the vibrant Queens Quarter of the city. Specialising Ribs, Steaks and Seafood we cater for all ages, young and old alike. We have proved to be a family favourite in our 10 years of business in the city.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Having eaten many times in Tony Roma's I am disappointed to say that I won't be back due to the attitude of the American manageress. Upon paying for my food, I was paying with an Euro card, the waitress automatically put the bill through in Euro without asking me. they should ask if I want to pay in local currency as the exchange rate they offer is poor.
Upon complaining to the manager, she not apologise, she did not try to rectify the situation, she proceeded to talk at us in a condensing manner. telling us repeatedly they when she goes to America she brings American dollars so what do we expect, does not have any bearing on the situation in hand. Calling people 'honey' is patronising and walking away mid conversation saying tough is just plain rude.
She really has no idea about customer service and really lets the place down. We will not be going back until she is gone from the place.

7  Thank carol W
There are newer reviews for Tony Romas Ribs Seafood Steak

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Got a take out from here last night and it was just awful. I had chosen the Tuscan pesto swordfish and it was totally flavourless and pestoless! Considering I spent £15.99 on what I thought was going to be a first class meal you can understand how unhappy I was. I ended up ordering from a Chinese takeaway straight after as I couldn't stomach more than a few mouthfuls.

However, I have to praise the lovely staff who served me when I collected my order.

2  Thank millsypie123
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Dragged my parents kicking and screaming past Villa Italia as I fancied ribs. You can't book a table so we turned up at 8pm on a Saturday night, to be told we could wait in the bar for about an hour.

The wait was actually only 20 mins and it was well worth the wait! Ribs were beautiful - fell off the bone.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I went here last Sunday night with my boyfriend.It was fab. Waitress was brill we were going to order a starter each she recommened we share due to portion size.She was right! My boyfriend ordered chicken I had the ribs.We had 4 cocktails and the service was great. Will defo be back.I was impressed.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We came here for dinner as it was recommended by our taxi driver.... We wanted a place where they served a good steak and this place didn't disappoint! Our server Neale was friendly and helpful and there was a great atmosphere in the place. The steak was great and so were the onion rings. Nice choice of desserts too. Best though were the cocktails...defo a must try. Would eat here again on returning to Belfast.