“Great menu, great views and great customer service”
Review of Deane's at Queens

Deane's at Queens
Ranked #120 of 1,136 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Queen's Quarter
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've been to a few of Michael Deane's restaurants in Belfast and the latest D@Q maintains the high standards we have experienced in all.
The staff are very attentive without being intrusive and the menu is first class and varied for all tastes with all locally sourced ingredients.
The decor is quite cool and tastefully laid out in a way to make the space look uncluttered and open so each table doesnt feel like it's on top of the one next to it.
Adds to the high standard of the Belfast restaurant scene and I will be back. Also a good addition to the University Quarter which does not have an abundance of higher end restaurants which is also a draw for the south Belfast leafy suburbs.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had dinner 6:30 on Saturday evening - 8 adults and 2 children. Food was generally good if a bit pricey. Service was also good. I had the risotto starter which wasn't great, but I was happy enough with the main and dessert. My son and his friend were first to arrive, and I think he ordered a bottle of still water for them as well as other drinks. Shortly afterwards, the rest of us arrived and without asking, the bottles of water started to appear. The "attentive" waitress spent the evening topping up our water glasses, including those of the 2 children, so that by the end we had consumed 5 bottles. I should have intervened early on, but in truth I wasn't paying much attention. So we ended up paying £17.50 + 10% for 5 bottles of water, only one of which was actually ordered.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Sometimes, it pays to let the experts guide you. The staff here are not afraid to give opinions and this helped us towards some of the best food over the weekend.
Foie Gras and Blue cheese starters had real delicacy and touch with the dressings. We both had fish main dishes, my cod was with an Asian twist and in a beautiful broth that was moreish. My wife proclaimed her Salmon as 'perfect'.
Whilst busy, staff lingered appropriately and shared stories about the town. This adds to the character of Belfast, with all that it offers.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Went for lunch on Friday and had 'seafood' risotto with shaved fennel off the £6.50 (however due to 10% service charge now being automatically added on no matter what you think it works out at £7.15 so rather misleading) lunch menu. There was a distinct lack of any real seafood. A little bit of crab was present, as were some miniscule shrimps that were barely discernible. I also managed to count about 3 small pieces of fennel. Portion size was small, although perhaps expected, as it only cost £6.50. Service was good though so all in all, a fairly average meal.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The tap water was the only thing to approach average here. A viscous blob of overly peppered rice (no indication on the menu it contained peppers). Having lived for years in Venice I know what good risotto looks and taste like. This was meant to be a seafood risotto. One tiny prawn. A nasty aftertaste of crab. Even the bread was heavy. Then vomitting till 3am. Two days later I'm still feeling off colour. Extraordinarily poor - from the slow service (2 hours for 2 courses in an empty restaurant), to the attitude of the waitress. The open kitchen at least revealed 4 chefs - none of whom looked much over 20. Gourmet dining - go to Lidl.

3  Thank lorcan d