“Giraffe is now called "Sweet Chilli"”
Review of Giraffe Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stranmillis
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Giraffe is now called "Sweet Chilli"”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We always liked Giraffe for a quick bite and casual meal, so after a theatre trip decided to drop in for something to eat. The name/management has changed to Sweet Chilli so we decided to give it a go. We were quickly shown to our seats and given a menu. There was plenty of food to choose from, most of which was mexican style, which we love and there was also a specials board. We were not disappointed with our dishes and the portions were good. The restaurant is not licensed but there is an off license next door and my husband was able to get a bottle of wine for us. The staff were friendly and we were happy with our service. I would recommend this place for a casual meal if you are into spicy food!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank girlabouttown31

“Fine”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Food is great, just a bit expensive for a restaurant on Stranmillis.

1 Thank HaughtyDerision
Northern Ireland
“Great early bird prices”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This is a nice little bistro in the heart of Stranmillis. It is beloved by students( the better off ones whose parents can afford the higher rents in the area). I have been a few times, the latest on Tuesday night. We arrived in at shortly after 7pm but the lovely waitress still allowed us to order from the early bird menu. I think it was two courses for £12.50. The service was swift, efficient, friendly. The food was, unfortunately for me, not as good as on previous occasions. But that might have been down to my order- pork belly- as my dining partner raved about his choice

belfast
“Perfect and value for money”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Fab food and friendly staff! Plus it's BYOB so great value for money!!

Portlaoise, Ireland
“lovely food in a trendy atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I love Giraffe restaurants. Their food is tasty, reasonably priced and there is good variety. All of which is served by friendly and helpful staff. What more need I say!!

Visited December 2011