“Excellent Restaurant”

Neighbourhood: Golden Mile
Galway, Ireland
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I dined at this restaurant following a recommendation from Belfast friends and we were not disappointed. Firstly, let me clarify a point of confusion for us and no doubt for others:

There are actually three restaurants in the one building (Deane's Meat Locker, Deane's Love Fish and Deane's EIPIC) catering for different dining tastes. To add to the confusion, there is also a Deane's Bistro plus another Deane's restaurant in other locations in the City. However, this fact is not made clear on the Deane's website.

We happened to opt for Deane's Meat Locker, of course specialising in meat, having made a timely reservation (advised). The surroundings were most pleasing with attentive and courteous staff. At one end of the room was a glass fronted cooking area where sides of beef could be seen with Chefs busily preparing the freshest of meat dishes among the flames. Our starters and desserts were nice and tasty but the main course was the showstopper for us. We choose the T-Bone Steak dish for two people and I can say without hesitation that it was the best steak I have ever tasted. It was huge!! What's more it was skillfully carved into medallions and presented with the T-Bone itself. When next in Belfast, we will be making a beeline for Deane's Meat Locker. Maybe you should too!!

Two points to note:

1. Bread is charged separately albeit home made along with the butter (delicious).

2. There is a 12.5% service charge added to the bottom line.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank widows_weeds

Bristol, United Kingdom
“reliably good restaurant with relaxing atmosphere and no attitude”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

First things first....a decent restaurant which serves tap water graciously......and from a chilled glass bottle, left at the table and refreshed throughout.. A decent wine list, with drinkable 500 ml malbec at 17 quid. AN utterly good set lunch menu, two courses for 6 or 7 quid.....ridiculously economic in value and for this reason much loved by two nearby pensioners.... Go a la carte, and a respectable, well chosen, menu offers lots of dishes with locally sourced produce. A pea and ham soup was sensationally good, served alongside a wheaten muffin and some melting butter. A small arrangement of lamb cuts cooked to melting, enjellied with herby suckability, let down only by a slightly loud polenta, raised the roof of my mouth. And this dish was 17 quid too....Atmosphere is relaxed, service is right side of unobtrusive, staff friendly and quietly efficient. Ambience created by the light and view from floor to ceiling windows along its façade. The spacing between tables is generous enough to afford privacy and wise enough to permit eavesdropping.
Loos are happily excellent.

Why not five out of five? I tasted five dishes, two were excellent, three were good. Hence the score.

What a local treasure.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“First Class! Well Done Michael ! ”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Haven't been in Deanes main restaurant for approx a year, went last night and from moment we walked in to moment we walked out I really cannot fault the service, food or any part of this restaurant. We were greeted warmly (arrived 20 mins early and escorted to bar part of seafood restaurant) I must say all of the staff are a credit, professional and polite - just what should be expected at all restaurants !? I couldn't believe how fantastic the renovations were and expansion was brilliant - 3 restaurants now, meat locker, love fish & Eipic (high end fine dining) all restaurants linked by doorways all completely different in colour and decor but you can see no expense has been spared! Spotless and fantastic ambience. We were led to our table 7.30 on the dot and looked after brilliantly, the food was immaculate, everything tasty, hot and fresh. I had few cosmopolitans which arrived promptly each time ordered and were delicious. Again, Michael well done and thank you for giving us somewhere to recommend for anyone visiting Belfast

1 Thank MissGam
Cork
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very nice experience and very very tasty food, with great flavors. I got the sausage salad and it was amazing. I loved every minute of it. I have to admit I was still a little hungry so we got chips to share as well. We went for lunch so this was cheaper than going for dinner, it was only £10.

1 Thank Saoirse W
London, United Kingdom
“Best lamb ever”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Ate at the Meat Locker last night Delicious oysters followed by the best lamb I have ever eaten. It was cooked perfectly and had so much flavour. Whilst not the cheapest restaurant in Belfast, I thought it was good value for the quality of the food. Service was also good - efficient, professional and friendly. Will look forward to going back when I'm next in Belfast.