“Very good hotel”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Stayed here for one night, we really enjoyed our stay.
The reception staff, restaurant staff and the porter/concierge were really helpful.
This hotel is centrally located.
The beds are comfortable.
I agree with one of the earlier reviews that the £17 for parking is expensive, that was the only fault.
We would stay here again.

2  Thank KWDEW
Write a ReviewReviews (3,355)

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stayed at the Fitzwilliam for my first trip to Belfast went with friends who had been there before and wasn't disapppointed, reception lovely and welcoming with friendly efficient staff and porters. Had a few drinks at the bar also a lovely place to sit. Room was large with good views, comfortable bed and CD/Radio, TV etc and mini fridge. Bathroom was large with good shower and separate bath and spotlessley clean. Only downside would be the bill, offer not taken off for our rooms and second bill still overcharged, also noticed that we were charged twice for drinks in the bar, at £29 a round its worth checking your bill before you leave, all in all we would come back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stayed for two nights with my wife and son.Everything about this hotel is class. Staff are friendly and helpful, room was excellent, bar food was very good its a nice bright room,breakfast was very good.If i was trying to be picky 17 pounds per night for parking is a little to much,thats the only reason i didnt give it excellent overall.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2012

There is not one negative thing I could say about our stay at the fitzwilliam on saturday 11th august 2012. We were treated so well compared to the hilton were we were looked down upon somewhat because we weren't upper class enough looking! We had a beautiful dinner in the restaurant the staff were really helpful. Could not ask for better our room was amazing everything we needed and more. I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We spent three nights here for our first time in Belfast. We did have a mystery half price hotel deal from lastminute.com so at £58 per night excluding parking and breakfast this was superb value. Declan, the concierge was both friendly and helpful. Recommended

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We spent out wedding night there. We're not picky but I work in a similar luxury environment and with the public all the time, so I'm trained to pick things up even when I don't want to:(. WEll this is as close to perfect customer service as I have ever seen: friendly, helpful, polite. Not fake-posh, not fake-friendly, just super nice. Executive room, very nice decor if you're into boutique style hotel. Perfect large bed. Good bar selection in the room- bar the herbal teas which I usually drink. very nice bathroom, really clean and nice size tub. Loved the little candle-matches detail in the bathroom for the tub - we actually used it. We were absolutely impressed with the restaurant after being slightly disappointed with a very famous downtown place earlier in the day for our wedding party - really wish we could have booked it there. We both agreed, def this is or new spot In Belfast. Congrats to the maitre-d, the staff were just wonderful without being overbearing, appearing and disappearing at just the right times; love to see good old fashion training like that, very hard to find nowadays; the steaks we had were possibly some of the best ever, just the right amount of rucola too which I love; didn't want to order desert really, nothing could have topped it. Breakfast was just as good. We'll be def coming back, no need for us to look anywhere else.

1  Thank Andreea L
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This was a surprise visit to Belfast booked by my husband to celebrate my 50th birthday. We stayed for 4 nights and the hotel room was large and comfortable and the bathroom was a good size with both a bath and shower cubicle. However, on our first morning we realised that the shower door did not shut properly. We therefore hesitated to use the shower as we were concerned about leakage onto the bathroom floor. No problem - we had baths instead and reported the problem to the receptionist who said she would get it sorted. We returned after a day out to find the shower door still did not close. We reported it again the next day and were told that someone had been to look at it but could not fix the problem. This was okay with us but it would have been nice if a note had been left the previous day to let us know this. When we returned that evening there was a note in our room advising that we were to be moved to another room - the one next door. The weird thing was that the shower in that bathroom had no door at all!!!!! It was very nice of them to move us but we would have been happy to stay in the original room (I liked it better even though the rooms were mirror images of each other).

We didn't eat there at all so could not comment on the restaurant or bar. The rooms have facilities to make tea and coffee (not very nice coffee) tucked away into a cupboard. The mattresses were quite soft so I woke up with backache each morning.

Belfast is a lovely city but I think I will probably look for a different hotel if I ever get to visit again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
GemmaConnor, Operations Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear Tracey B,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.
Please let me apologise that we were unable to repair the shower door in your guestroom during your visit. This should have been communicated at the time. I am now pleased to advise that our Maintenance Manager has since been able to resolve this issue.
Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope this incident will not deter you from returning to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.
With Kindest Regards,