“Lovely stay in a very modern hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay in a very modern hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights in the Fitzwilliam, and had a very pleasant, relaxed stay.

We arrived quite early, around 10:30am and our rooms were ready, which was a great surprise. Very easy check in, and helpful staff to explain the local area, things to do etc. A great concierge desk who will arrange you trips around Belfast and outside the city such as to the Giant's Causeway.

The hotel is designed to a very high level, the modern interior and design is a great feature and give the hotel a 'wow' factor. The rooms vary in sizes, as the 2 rooms we had were of a similar set up and same price, but one was probably half the size of the bigger one.

The bed was very comfortable, the shower was excellent, loved the huge size of the bathroom, a bath and shower to chose from. My only criticism of the hotel, is that my room was extremely stuffy and hot, and the air conditioning was very hard to work. So left the window open for my whole stay.

Location is very good. Only a 10 minute walk to the city centre and the all shops, also where you can pick up the sight seeing tours etc.

Overall a good stay, and would definitely stay again if I returned to Belfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
Newtownards, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We decided to stay in a hotel and have a celebratory meal.From the moment we entered the Fitzwilliam we were treated to a great stay.The staff were most attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them. We enjoyed our short stay so much that they deserve this review.The continental breakfast was fabulous.We have dined there before and will again - no doubt .

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Lyttlemo2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words describing your experience at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted that you chose our hotel to help you celebrate your 40th Wedding Anniversary and I will certainly be sharing your lovely feedback with the team.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

There is nothing to criticise about this hotel. It's opulent, luscious and gorgeous, the rooms are simply fantastic. I like to stay in the King Executive corner rooms with good views of the beautiful Belfast City, however was upgraded on my last visit to the Penthouse, I just can't stop talking about it!

Imagine an opulent London Mayfair flat with two double ensuite bathrooms lounge and dining area, kitchen for the butler, now travel to floor 8 of the Fitzwilliam and you will discover all this behind door 800, I was simply blown away with the beauty of the room, the views are outstanding!!

Maybe out of most people's price range at £1500 a night and certainly mine but this hotel has everything! The only hotel to stay in whilst visiting Belfast

Room Tip: Executive King corner room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Bigbird1334

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words detailing your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us staying in the Penthouse and compared it to a stay in an opulent London Mayfair flat.

All feedback is very much appreciated and I shall pass your positive words onto the team who looked after you. I shall look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

This hotel is really cool! The rooms are very modern, and we loved the décor. The location is excellent, right in the heart of the city. Service is excellent; we particularly want to compliment James, the duty manager, who is extremely friendly and patiently answered all our questions when we pestered him :)

The only real complain I have is that parking is not free. Parking at the hotel costs £17/night, which is incredibly steep. We parked on the street. Meters are free until 9:30AM, and there's plenty of street parking around. It's just a bit annoying that you have to wake up early to feed the meter. Note that you can only feed it starting at 9:30 exactly, no earlier.

Note: I'm not at liberty to go into specifics, but the cast of a certain well-known TV show stays here when they film in Northern Ireland. So we had the pleasure of meeting some celebrities in the lobby, which was a nice added bonus. And, if I'm being completely honest, this was our favorite TV show, so meeting the cast kind of made our trip :-)

Dear Vlad G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. I am very pleased to read how you loved our decor, rooms and location. All feedback is appreciated and I will ensure James is informed of your praise.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

Omagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at the Fitzwilliam 2 weeks ago and we were delighted with the service we received. From check in to departure all the staff were friendly and courteous. The bedroom was clean and bed very comfortable, loved the full length mirrors. The bar was nice to have a few cocktails before heading out, but the only criticism I would have is the slow inexperienced bar staff. Breakfast was first class. Would definitely recommend this hotel however the rates could come down a bit.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear 4deirdre1

Thank you for the lovely review regarding your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was lovely to read how you found all staff friendly and courteous.

I will certainly be sharing your feedback with the team and have taken on board any areas in which we can improve. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

The Fitzwilliam is very nice!! Rooms are excellent and service is great, the breakfast was our favourite!! As a vegetarian I had the potato bread (which was the best i've ever had) and the vegetarian sausage (unlike any other) Location is wonderful as it's walking distance to so many things, very central.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Daer Murraylicious

Thank you so much for the lovely review regarding your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was lovely to read how you found the rooms excellent, service great and breakfast your favourite. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with the team here at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cheltenham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Spent 3 nights here with family. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Rooms were ok but certainly not 5 star. No bathrobes and only one pillow per person. The sound proofing in the rooms was largely Ineffective. We could hear the people in the next door room talking and their music woke us at 1.30am. Food was good - there was plenty of choice at breakfast and my son enjoyed the full Irish. Would I stay here again? As I'm a light sleeper probably not!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear torh946

Many thanks for your recent review on your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I was pleased to read how your found our staff pleasant and helpful. I was however, disappointed to learn of the other areas which you mentioned. If it would be suitable, please contact myself directly at the hotel where I would like to discuss with you further.