3,895 results
All reviewsturn down serviceopera housebeautiful hotelmini barcentral locationhotel bara lovely staycity hallexecutive roomafternoon teastayed for one nightcooked breakfastfrom start to finishtop classcar parkconciergerobes
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I spent the last four days with my family at The Fitzwilliam Hotel & to sum up our stay......WOW!!!!

To allocate five stars to this hotel just isn't enough.

The hotel is in an excellent location in Belfast. It's a modern hotel. There is only valet parking as the hotel car park is behind the hotel.

The staff were brilliant. I have four young children and from the minute we walked inside the door of the hotel the staff were so friendly, helpful & totally understanding of childrens' excitable behaviour. The conceirge were great with the kids, always engaging them in conversation when we were in the foyer. They asked the kids about their day, where they had been to that day etc. They had little jokes for them. My kids coloured pictures for them before we left, that's how friendly these guys made my kids feel!

The breakfast was lovely, a good selection of fresh fruit, cereal, meats, pastries etc.

We had dinner in the hotel twice. Both evenings the meals were delicious, special mention the langoustine risotto, delicious. There was a kids menu with healthly options. When we needed to make changes to the set menu for the kids it wasn't a problem at all. The restaurant staff suggested alternatives for the kids which was great, one less thing for me to think about. We got back to the hotel later than expected one evening, 8pm, and requested a table away from the main busy restaurant area as the kids were tired from our day out. Again this was not a problem for the restaurant staff. They re-set a table for us to the side of restaurant that had been set up for breakfast the next day. This was great as we could all enjoy our meal without being worried about disturbing the other guests.

The bar looked lovely but I can't comment on the drinks/cocktails this time round, maybe I'll get to check it out without the kids someday.

I'm looking forward to returning the Fitzwilliam Hotel soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear cksavage

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review regarding your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. It was lovely to welcome your family and get to know them during your time with us.

I was delighted to learn that you found the staff brilliant, breakfast lovely and dinner delicious. Your kind comments have been shared with the team and in particular the Concierge.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Arrived very early ie 9am. Checked in and took my case. When I got back at ten o clock pm. My case was in room. Reception staff lovely and helpful. When got to bedroom it's a nice room very modern. One of the better hotels in Belfast. I didn't eat or drink so can't comment. However the bar was busy. And a great buzz when walked in

Would stay again and location was good

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear amandajolly

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience of staying at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time and that you found the Reception Team 'lovely and helpful'. I shall pass on your kind words to the team who looked after you and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 nights. I really couldn't fault the hotel at all. The room was so beautiful and modern. The food was amazing. We had a lovely night in the hotel bar just sipping on cocktails. I'd only traveled to Belfast for a wedding but would love to go back now just to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Carolyn M, Public Relations Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear JoDublin2

Many thanks for your lovely feedback on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was a pleasure to read how you found the food amazing and the room beautiful and modern. Your feedback is valuable and will be passed on to the team.

We hope that you will be able to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights in the Fitzwilliam, and had a very pleasant, relaxed stay.

We arrived quite early, around 10:30am and our rooms were ready, which was a great surprise. Very easy check in, and helpful staff to explain the local area, things to do etc. A great concierge desk who will arrange you trips around Belfast and outside the city such as to the Giant's Causeway.

The hotel is designed to a very high level, the modern interior and design is a great feature and give the hotel a 'wow' factor. The rooms vary in sizes, as the 2 rooms we had were of a similar set up and same price, but one was probably half the size of the bigger one.

The bed was very comfortable, the shower was excellent, loved the huge size of the bathroom, a bath and shower to chose from. My only criticism of the hotel, is that my room was extremely stuffy and hot, and the air conditioning was very hard to work. So left the window open for my whole stay.

Location is very good. Only a 10 minute walk to the city centre and the all shops, also where you can pick up the sight seeing tours etc.

Overall a good stay, and would definitely stay again if I returned to Belfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We decided to stay in a hotel and have a celebratory meal.From the moment we entered the Fitzwilliam we were treated to a great stay.The staff were most attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them. We enjoyed our short stay so much that they deserve this review.The continental breakfast was fabulous.We have dined there before and will again - no doubt .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Lyttlemo2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words describing your experience at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted that you chose our hotel to help you celebrate your 40th Wedding Anniversary and I will certainly be sharing your lovely feedback with the team.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.