“Lovely hotel, great location. Some members of staff have it bang on, others.........haven't.”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The hotel is comfortable and functional. We upgraded our booking having stayed in their standard room last time, but I failed to see the difference in all honesty. Missing hairdryers, and other standard fixtures of hotel rooms. That said, it is clean and functional and has an amazing bath to relax in.
The staff seem to be a mixed bag of wanting to help and knowing the hotel trade inside out to, quite frankly, earning a buck. Some were lovely ad very helpful and were brilliant at attention to detail (like my birthday surprise in the restaurant), others weren't so helpful. Some couldn't even find manners in fact.
A shame, but when I book quality I expect it!

Room Tip: If you dither between standard and the next step up for a bit of luxury, stick to standard. Save a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Niomi B

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am pleased to read that you found the hotel comfortable. However, I am sorry that there were areas which did not live up to your expectations. All guest feedback we receive is of utmost importance and I will share your comments with all relevant Departments.

I do nevertheless hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Carolyn Matthews

Write a ReviewReviews (3,365)

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I loved this hotel, the concierge greeted us and took our car (beware £17 to park car overnight) receptionist was friendly also and gave us a great farewell. This hotel is in a great location beside the train station. This hotel is amazing, so funky and very modern. Our room was on the fifth floor and it was amazing, loved the decor , clean and so comfortable. I will definitely book this hotel again, everyone should experience it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear clairelkenny

Thank you for such kind words about the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. I am so pleased that your stay with us compelled you to share your experience.

It was lovely to read how you found Reception Staff friendly and Concierge helpful. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay with my boyfriend in the Fitzwilliam and I just wish we could stay longer! It totally exceeded our expectations. The staff are exceptional especially Declan from concierge...he was so helpful and informative about the local area and events..he went above and beyond to make our stay an enjoyable one..I hope the management will pass on our thanks to him he is an absolute credit to the hotel!
The rooms are so plush and very well designed...the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and the rainforest shower was to die for...the CD player with the mp3 port on it is a nice touch, although we didn't have a cable to connect our iPhone to it, we asked Marius from housekeeping if the hotel had a spare and he organized someone from concierge to drop one up to the room within minutes!
On the first day we had the per-theatre menu in the bar with a few cocktails..we both had the steak..it was fab..The mojitos are made to perfection too!! The waitress (blonde haired girl in her 20s) was very bright and bubbly I'm just sorry I didn't manage to get her name to thank her for helping me choose a cocktail and advising us on the local pubs and clubs!
The breakfast is delicious also, plenty of choice and very fresh..again the manager (robin I think his name was!) was so pleasant and attentive to everyone even though it was busy..

Overall I think this hotel is amazing for a city break and so luxurious in comparison to others.
The staff are second to none and I hope the management are aware of the great job they are doing.
We don't often get the opportunity to stay somewhere as exclusive as the Fitzwilliam but I think we will try our best to return in the near future!

Dear acres1986

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review of your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the food in the bar and the cocktails. I shall ensure your superb feedback of Declan, Robin and the bar staff is fed back to them and I am sure they will be very appreciative.

I shall look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Nice place, nice location but the service ruined the experience. The staff, all except the wonderful concierge phillip, made us work hard from stocking our mini bar to cleaning our room and to top it all off charging exorbitant fees for laundry. It seems to be good intentions but lack of training.

Dear Eimer P

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I was pleased that Philip our Concierge was of assistance to you and I will be passing your kind words on to him.

I was disappointed to read that the service levels did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and can assure you that further training has already been implemented.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

After seeing the positive reviews and rating here in tripadvisor, we decided to stay at the fitzwilliam with confidence; little did we know what was coming out way: restaurant closed for a (noisy) private function, very limited room service menu, from which only 30% of the offered dishes were available. Dirty carpet floor. Not replenished mini bar, which also had beers that the previous guest had brought and left there. Toilet garbage bin had rubbish from previous guest. Going on: front desk personnel couldn't make their mind on rates and fees for our bill, and the laundry service arrived way too late and was outrageously expensive (as was the hotel considering what you get for your money). On the plus side, location is really good, (Irish) breakfast was good as well, and Phillip the concierge was an excellent host.
Sadly, not staying there ever again.

Dear Ach78

Many thanks for your recent review regarding your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I was sorry that your experience did not live up to expectations and I would very much like to discuss this further with you. Could I please therefore ask that you kindly contact myself at the hotel directly and I would be happy do discuss your recent visit in further detail.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Perfect location , on the edge of the city makes this a good hotel from which to visit the many bars and restaurants , close to many of the main shopping areas and city attractions .
BELFAST IS A FABULOUS CITY TO VISIT
Great people and places to visit .
See review on city sightseeing .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Andrew H

Many thanks for your recent review regarding the location of the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. I shall be sharing your comments with the team here.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Excellent Hotel - the staff are excellent they do everything they can to ensure you enjoy your stay.
The bedrooms are not really 5 star although they are very comfortable. There is poor TV reception and very limited channels also the TV are flat screen but are small and need up dating. The breakfast was very good with excellent service the only criticism I could make is that the toaster needs updating and the fresh fruit could be better, having said that it was good value for the money.
I would stay there again asit was in an excellent location and the staff were great even though it was not quite 5 star but very close.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Theodasherdog

Dear Theodasherdog

Thank you for your kind review of the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am so pleased that you found the staff and service excellent. Your feedback in reference to the toaster and fresh fruit at breakfast has been passed on to the relevant people. Also, our TV channels are getting upgraded over the next couple of months.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.