“Quality Feel at every Turn”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Good location about 10 minute walk from main shopping centres and close to the bus terminal were the airport bus goes to (we flew into Belfast and got the airport bus as only took 30 minutes and good value as well), very close to theatres as well.

We had an executive room, well worth it, hotel is not cheap but does offer value for money, sleep quality excellent, room was as clean tidy as you would expect at the price, bathrooms are really good.

We used the bar area which had a good feel to it, fairly trendy, lively but not so you couldn't hear yourself speak, bar is a must at night. We did use the restaurant which was top notch for dinner and breakfast and we found the staff to be helpful, happy and keen to please so this is one of the best places I have stayed in.

1  Thank David G
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear David G

Thank you for writing such a lovely review regarding your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the bar, breakfast, friendliness of staff and the location. I will certainly be passing on your feedback to the team here at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed for one night at this hotel. Young and trendy, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms didn't have much of a view, but the room was spotless with all the expected facilities. The bar is very popular for pre-theatre drinks and there was a lovely, lively atmosphere. Breakfast in the morning was really delicious. Only thing they didn't have was skimmed milk, which is a real bug bear of mine! Still, it was a hotel I would certainly use again and the location is very central.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear JaniceDerbyshire

Many thanks for taking the time to write such lovely feedback on your recent stay at the hotel.

It was lovely to read how you found 'the staff very friendly and helpful' and breakfast 'really delicious'. I have passed on your feedback in relation to the skimmed milk.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed here on Wednesday 14th August, Arrived at this beautiful hotel and was greeted by the receptionst who was very pleasant and very helpful!

Rooms had everything you needed, very spacious, clean and very comfortable bed!!

Location of the hotel is right in the city centre, 2 mins from bus/train station and 5 mins walking distance to the centre of town!

Will definately be back here again :)!!

Dear C D

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I was delighted to read that you found the Receptionist 'very pleasant and very helpful'. I will certainly be passing on your feedback to the team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

The hotel is comfortable and functional. We upgraded our booking having stayed in their standard room last time, but I failed to see the difference in all honesty. Missing hairdryers, and other standard fixtures of hotel rooms. That said, it is clean and functional and has an amazing bath to relax in.
The staff seem to be a mixed bag of wanting to help and knowing the hotel trade inside out to, quite frankly, earning a buck. Some were lovely ad very helpful and were brilliant at attention to detail (like my birthday surprise in the restaurant), others weren't so helpful. Some couldn't even find manners in fact.
A shame, but when I book quality I expect it!

Room Tip: If you dither between standard and the next step up for a bit of luxury, stick to standard. Save a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Niomi B

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am pleased to read that you found the hotel comfortable. However, I am sorry that there were areas which did not live up to your expectations. All guest feedback we receive is of utmost importance and I will share your comments with all relevant Departments.

I do nevertheless hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I loved this hotel, the concierge greeted us and took our car (beware £17 to park car overnight) receptionist was friendly also and gave us a great farewell. This hotel is in a great location beside the train station. This hotel is amazing, so funky and very modern. Our room was on the fifth floor and it was amazing, loved the decor , clean and so comfortable. I will definitely book this hotel again, everyone should experience it.

Dear clairelkenny

Thank you for such kind words about the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. I am so pleased that your stay with us compelled you to share your experience.

It was lovely to read how you found Reception Staff friendly and Concierge helpful. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay with my boyfriend in the Fitzwilliam and I just wish we could stay longer! It totally exceeded our expectations. The staff are exceptional especially Declan from concierge...he was so helpful and informative about the local area and events..he went above and beyond to make our stay an enjoyable one..I hope the management will pass on our thanks to him he is an absolute credit to the hotel!
The rooms are so plush and very well designed...the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and the rainforest shower was to die for...the CD player with the mp3 port on it is a nice touch, although we didn't have a cable to connect our iPhone to it, we asked Marius from housekeeping if the hotel had a spare and he organized someone from concierge to drop one up to the room within minutes!
On the first day we had the per-theatre menu in the bar with a few cocktails..we both had the steak..it was fab..The mojitos are made to perfection too!! The waitress (blonde haired girl in her 20s) was very bright and bubbly I'm just sorry I didn't manage to get her name to thank her for helping me choose a cocktail and advising us on the local pubs and clubs!
The breakfast is delicious also, plenty of choice and very fresh..again the manager (robin I think his name was!) was so pleasant and attentive to everyone even though it was busy..

Overall I think this hotel is amazing for a city break and so luxurious in comparison to others.
The staff are second to none and I hope the management are aware of the great job they are doing.
We don't often get the opportunity to stay somewhere as exclusive as the Fitzwilliam but I think we will try our best to return in the near future!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear acres1986

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review of your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the food in the bar and the cocktails. I shall ensure your superb feedback of Declan, Robin and the bar staff is fed back to them and I am sure they will be very appreciative.

I shall look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Nice place, nice location but the service ruined the experience. The staff, all except the wonderful concierge phillip, made us work hard from stocking our mini bar to cleaning our room and to top it all off charging exorbitant fees for laundry. It seems to be good intentions but lack of training.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Eimer P

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I was pleased that Philip our Concierge was of assistance to you and I will be passing your kind words on to him.

I was disappointed to read that the service levels did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and can assure you that further training has already been implemented.