“Luxury”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 25 November 2013

very nice hotel, great location in the middle of Belfast. right beside the Town hall for the Christmas markets and close enough that you're still in walking distance to Victoria shopping centre. the rooms was immaculate, very little road noise and we were in a corner room. extremely comfortable, food was great quality, service was only ok, the staff could have been quicker with seating us and taking orders.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear K B

Many thanks for the lovely review regarding your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was lovely to read how you enjoyed the location, the food and your corner room. All feedback is of great importance to us and is shared with the team.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Carolyn Matthews

Write a ReviewReviews (3,455)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just back from a Saturday Night stay at this hotel.... Firstly would say that the Staff are excellent - very friendly, courteous and helpful. The service at the Bar is VERY slow... We ordered some food and cocktails at the Bar & they took over 45mins to arrive, we ordered a second round which again took forever... The Barstaff kept apologising every time we asked by advising that the Bar was busy... (The bar was not that busy with people....). Then when food did arrive it was missing the sauces and sides as requested & then had to chase to get follow up on them & they finally arrived 15mins after the food. The menu on the Pre-Booked Dinner rate is poor and certainly not 5-Star. The Breakfast menu is also poor (limited choice) and in a 5-Star hotel Eggs Benedict should not comprise of 1 Poached Egg, 1 Slice of Cheap Packet Ham & and shop bought Muffin (Very Poor). Would agree with some earlier reviewers - overall experience is certainly not 5-Star and there are cheaper and nicer Hotels to stay in Belfast....

Room Tip: Valuewise - there are better Hotels to Stay in Belfast.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rob l

Dear rob l

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent experience at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I was extremely pleased to learn that you found the staff 'very friendly, courteous and helpful'. I would however very much like to discuss in further detail some of the disappointments that you experienced during your stay. I would therefore kindly ask that you contact myself directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Currently sitting at breakfast in the hotel. Had to wait to be seated only to be told by another member of staff that there loads of free tables. Ordered our hot food and was told that it may take some time to get out as they are busy, no problem. I said I would help myself to their continental selection in the meantime. There is nothing left and they are not putting out more! So I've just finished my 2 slices of watermelon and glass of orange juice!

On arrival we were warmly greeted and asked if we'd stayed here before, we have at least 6 times as recently as September this year. We made our way to our room and when we walked in I knew it was different from our previous stays. The dirty ironing board was located at the side of a very out of place wardrobe, there were no cupboards either side of the bed housing minibar and stereo etc and no sofa! The penny dropped when my wife opened the bathroom door. We had been placed in a disabled room with lowered sink, no bath, no waterfall effect shower and a seat to sit on in the open shower! I phoned reception and explained the situation and was rudely told that I had paid the lowest rate and therefore had been placed in an "accessible" room. I was told a manager would call me promptly as I had theatre tickets for a 7.30 show! A manager called back and contradicting her colleague explained we had paid a higher rate to avail of an "accessible" room! She apologised and said she would take £60 off our bill after much arguing with her, taking it from £180 to £120!
The next morning when we used our open shower complete with seat, the bathroom flooded! The draining does not clear the water quickly enough and must only be designed for a 5 minute max shower. Hardly acceptable for someone in a wheelchair!
Back at breakfast and our hot food has arrived. They have gotten my wife's order wrong but it is quickly remedied! We have had to take milk and butter from the table beside us as we haven't been given any! The quality we have found here in the past has faded away. We were always happy to pay a high price for high quality but it appears that quality has fallen by the wayside!! Last night they were fully booked and it appears their profits are not being put back into the hotel to maintain a high standard!
Looking forward to checkout....

• Stayed: November 2013
7  Thank coocoowarke

Dear coocoowarke

Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am very concerned and disappointed that your experience did not live up to your expectations. I would therefore like to discuss your experience in more detail and would ask that you kindly make contact with myself directly in order to ensure these issues to not occur at any time in the future.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last month with my boyfriend, staff were friendly and welcoming, which made the stay even more pleasant! The meal was beautiful and the steak was cooked to perfection. The bed was extremely comfortable, and decor is really up to date and modern, just the way I like it! Will definitely be staying here again (sometime soon hopefully) and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear LBJ51RCOL

It is my pleasure to read your wonderful review of your recent visit to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast and I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy dining in The Restaurant during your stay.

I will be sure to share your comments with the team here at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel apart from.being so great in everything ,it always be special....good place to spend time after u'be been proposed .
I can't wait to go back there
Nice rooms,helpull staff ,good location .
I'll be defently coming back

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear deliorgaramona

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was lovely to read how you found the staff helpful, location good and rooms nice. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with the team here at the hotel.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here on business and have to. say this is an excellent hotel! Staff were great and so too was the service, at reception, in the bar and the restaurant. Dined in the restaurant and had the early evening meal deal which was not only delicious but also really good value for money. Drinks were a fair price, I didn't feel "mugged" as I often do at other hotels.
The hotel itself is excellent and my room, which was a standard one was top notch! Definitely stay there again, well done to all at The Fitzgerald.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear toyotaverso

Thank you so much for the lovely review regarding your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was a pleasure to read how you found us to be an 'excellent hotel' and your room 'top notch'. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My sister and I have just returned from a weekend stay in the Fitwilliam Hotel. It was a fabulous experience - the staff here are excellent, so friendly and could not have done more to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Declan the concerige took care of all our requests, from booking us a resturant in the city to our city tour. Melissa on front desk was so friendly and could not have been more helpful. Breakfast, Drinks and atmosphere was excellent all round. We will be returning. I would highly recommed a stay here :)

Room Tip: Front of hotel would be a better location
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caroline C
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Caroline C

It is a pleasure to read how you had a 'fabulous experience' during your stay. I will certainly be passing on your feedback to to the team here at the hotel and in particular to Declan and Melissa.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.