“Amazing. Worth the travel”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing. Worth the travel”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful when asked about places to go and see. The rooms were very nice and spacious. The location was perfect as we wanted to go see the shops and the city. It was also very convenient as is was only a few minutes from the bus station. Staff were very polite and made us feel like VIPs and looked to do it to all the guests.

• Stayed February 2014
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Hassett21

Many thanks for your recent review of your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was lovely to read how you found the staff 'very friendly and helpful' and that you were made to feel like VIPs during your stay. At the Fitzwilliam we take great pride in providing professional, courteous and efficient service and it is great to see that we are following through on this.

I will certainly be sharing your feedback with the team here at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Carolyn Matthews

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Ashamed to say I am 43 and have never travelled the two hours from Meath to Belfast. My wife and I were looking forward to a weekend away from the kids and Belfast did not disappoint. The Fitzwilliam is a fantastic hotel, a little expensive but worth it as a treat. Beautiful room. Great staff (particularly at breakfast and also the concierge who was a fantastic help). The breakfast is excellent and the bar is great for a beer and a cocktail. Good location in the city centre.

Dear MGKDublin_Ireland

Many thanks for your recent review regarding your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was a pleasure to read how highly you valued the service from our Restaurant and Concierge Teams and how you found the room beautiful.

I will certainly be sharing your feedback with the team here at the hotel who will be very pleased to learn of your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have stayed at the Fitzwilliam Hotel in Belfast a few times but had my first high tea today. My blind Aunt celebrated with myself and cousin for her birthday. i have to mention "Brian" who works in the bar and served us during high tea. His service and attention was impeccable and I will give him a 10 - being in the customer service industry myself for over 30 years I have to say that Brian loves his job and gives detail and attention to his clients. His caring attitude is exceptional which is rate these days and I hope the hotel recognizes and appreciates him. The Hotel is maintained extremely well and is immaculate. The front end staff are also very friendly and approachable. I'm from British Columbia - Canada and I will patronize this hotel again. Thank you Brian for taking care of us today.

He

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Abbotsford2014

It was a pleasure to read your review on your recent Afternoon Tea experience at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was lovely to read how highly you valued the level of customer service provided by Brian and it certainly has been recognised.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the entire experience and thank you for your time and consideration.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Americans have high hotel standards and the fitzwilliam did not let us down. The room is spacious, elegant, with a spectacular bed! The lobby is very inviting and the staff is pleasant and accommodating. Jimmy the concierge booked us wonderful dinner reservations and helped us pick excursions. Hotel is centrally located making a quick walk to Queens University and city hall.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Andrea C

Many thanks for your recent review on your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was a pleasure to read how you found the staff 'pleasant and accommodating'. I was also very pleased to learn that our Concierge were able to be of great assistance to you and I will certainly be passing on your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Belfast!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Visited the fitzwilliam for the second time for one night on the 16th Feb for my girlfriend's birthday. we've stayed there before so we knew we liked the place. The room was fantastic, very comfy bed and delightful showering facilities. The toilet is a little high however. Thoroughly enjoyed my experience and if I wasn't a poor student I'd move in.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EmmaandLaura
Dear EmmaandLaura

It was lovely to read how you found 'the room fantastic' and the showering facilities 'delightful'. I will certainly be sharing your comments with the team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The hotel was amazing from the moment we stepped through the door. The staff were attentive and polite. The room was impeccable and beautifully clean. I went down to reception to ask for more toiletries and dressing gowns and they were delivered up to the room before I was even back myself.

As it was valentines I also organised a rose to be delivered up to the room at 10am, and no doubt on the dot the concierge himself delivered it at 10:00 exactly. I had organised this with him on the sly and he was all too understanding and ended up doing it free of charge as a hotel kind gesture.

The bar staff were also excellent, serving us drinks in the evening which tasted fantastic.

By check out we didn't want to leave, they ordered us a taxi which arrived swiftly afterwards.

The room was outstanding, shower particularly amazing and the bed was ginormous. I would definitely recommend to anyone to stay here again, its worth the money for the room and the staff make it all worthwhile.

Outstanding!

Room Tip: We chose executive double, on the sixth floor. The view to be honest was not nice, I think the front...
Dear Nick H

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a detailed review on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was a pleasure to read how you found 'the hotel amazing' and the staff 'attentive and polite'. We take great pride in providing professional, courteous and efficient customer service here at the Fitzwilliam so it is a pleasure to read that we followed through on this. I will certainly be sharing your comments with all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

we stayed in this hotel for valentines and stayed in a studio room which was well worth the extra paid as it was very roomy. If I was to be critical of the hotel it would be that it would have been nice to have a spa treatment for my wife as we had planned to stay two nights but then changed our minds as we would have had nothing to do during the day. We thought it was a more enjoyable than our stay tin the Merchant

Room Tip: pick a room away from the lift and pay extra for the studio
Dear westin186605

It was lovely to read how you enjoyed your stay in one of our Studio Suites. With regards the spa, we currently do not offer this facilitiy however we can provide alternative solutions with an outside company.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.