“Loved it”

Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
London
“Loved it”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Loved it. Staff were fantastic in particular the bar staff, One barman from the USA clearly loves what he does with a real passion but everyone was great.

Triple cooked chips were so nice.

Beds so comfy, design and layout so modern and and we had the best nights sleep here.

It's fair to say it's pricey but I would say it's what you'd expect for somewhere special, if prices were low it would lose it exclusive feel as everyone would go there.

You can pay £14 for 24 hours to park a 1 min walk away or £17 for valet parking.

The only negative I would say is they were unable to cater for our last minute request of afternoon tea but in total fairness it does say to book.

Very likely to return here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ScubaCooper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
Portadown
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on 12th April, on the whole it was a pleasant experience. The receptionist was pleasant and professional. £17 for car parking was I feel a bit steep. The main foyer was chilly and the bar a bit unfriendly, staff were pleasant. The room was great, decor top class and all facilities there. Breakfast was a wee bit disappointing, a buffet is much more enjoyable as it allows you to choose what you would like. All staff were pleasant, would stay again

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on Good Friday with my partner just for a small getaway. From check in to check out everything was perfect! Special mention to Matthew behind the bar who is incredible at making cocktails and who was very friendly. We also went for an evening meal within the hotel which was amazing. The employees within this hotel truly are skilled at what they do! Top class.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Customer service in hotel is shocking. £17 for car parking, over priced drinks in the bar, poor breakfast and unhelpful staff. Horrible disturbance on the floor, riot police and ambulance called. I understand that this was out of the hotels control however I was very shaken and would have expected the hotel to ensure that we were ok and at least apologise for the disruption when we checked out. However I feel this was poorly handled. After disruption I finally fell asleep to be woken around 4 by loud music and a party in the room next to us. When we had to call to alert staff we were told oh we know who it is. Not what I expected from a so called top hotel. I do not recommend the hotel to anyone who is looking a nights sleep or a relaxing stay. Very unhappy customer.

• Stayed April 2014
6 Thank Nlm5
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel came highly recommended. I had great expectations on my first visit to Belfast what I got was disappointment. I checked in, allocated a room and made my way upstairs. I got in the room to find it was freezing. I called down to reception and ask that someone look at the air conditioning. Eventually after sitting around for about 10 minutes maintenance arrived and indeed confirmed there was a problem. He rung down to reception and asked that I was given another room. He left a few minutes later and immediately the TV and lights went off, controlled I assume by reception. I sat there in the dark for what like seemed an age eventually ringing reception, asking what was happening? I was moved finally to another room. You might think all then ended happily.....no!! The next room was allocated was so hot I had to open all windows. I decided it was not worth another complaint as I wasn't quite sure what the next room condition would be. The air conditioning didn't work in this room either so I spent several days in the Bahamas in Belfast. On the plus side the breakfast was lovely!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hoofergp
Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed at the FItzwilliam with my wife for a one night break, really enjoyed our stay and staff were very helpful when we asked about things to do. The hotel lobby is a bit small but nice seating area where we had a drink before bed. Bedroom was clean, quiet at night (we were on a high floor) and the hotels location was great, the wife could wander over to the shopping areas while I went to the golf shops. Would stay again but I do think the rates were a touch on the high side.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Senna1978
Johnston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here for a short three day break. Outstanding hotel, wonderful staff so friendly and pleased to help at all times. Rooms are very stylish and well equipped. We ate in the restaurant twice during our stay, food and service both excellent. We also tried the bar menu once and again an excellent meal. The hotel is very central to all the main tourist attractions and the concierge arranged a tour of the North Antrim Coast for us. Not to be missed, a fantastic day. All in all a wonderful visit to a great city with the friendliest locals I've ever met. The Fitzwilliam Hotel carries on this tradition and I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends