“Very convenient and friendly”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. We stayed one night last week. Check in and out very good. Lunch lovely. Staff at reception ordered a taxi for us to the cliff Richard concert. Very quick. Security very good in the hotel. I would recommend this hotel for its cleanliness friendliness and convenient to all the shops.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hidden fees for using any amenities are not listed and not worth it. Got charged 10 pounds for an unlisted room service fee which seems ridiculous to me, on top of other fees. Staff were not knowledgable regarding directions or recommendations. Walls are pretty thin, I was woken up early on a weekend. Rooms are nice and the location is decent, but it's not that much of a value, and the fees are horrible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander H
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent one night in Belfast at the Fitzwilliam Hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially Philip at the concierge desk. Our room was comfortable and the bath was roomy and well appointed. We ate lunch and breakfast at the hotel and the food was very good. The Belfast hop on hop off bus stops across the street.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My partner booked us a night in this hotel as present for me as I'd always wanted to stay here. Well in short I won't be back!! A very basic double room, torn curtains, the window wouldn't close properly and the furniture was all chipped. Although this hotel is fairly new the room was tired and in need of some TLC. The worst thing for us was a rather unpleasant smell that came from the bathroom! Not what you would expect for the price that we paid. Breakfast was just ok, tables very close together and food took a long time to come. There are much better hotels in Belfast which won't cost anywhere near as much.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 29jan15
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with one of the girls what a lovely hotel . Hotel staff really nice and very welcoming on arrival. Rooms are very modern nice and comfortable . Overall really enjoyed by stay here very good hotel . Would defiantly stay here again ..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pauline B
Reviewed 3 June 2014

While a beautiful hotel and done up very, very modern, hotel had some serious drawbacks. Before I checked in with friend, I requested two single beds. Instead I was given one with a single bed in a room that was clearly for handicapped accessible. A tiny, low sink and shower stall for person who needs to sit. (Nice that they have it, but unpleasant for us) almost no place for our toiletries. Useless for two adults.
Room was on second floor overlooking an alley so we couldn't open an window.
Room itself had no place to open one suitcase, let alone two. Also, clearly the air conditioning wasn't working and the room remained hot and stuffy despite being told it would 'eventually' cool down by very young night manager. This manager on duty was almost useless. Refused to help us in getting at least an adequate room. His attitude seemed to be 'tough'! Finally a tour operator intervened and he gave us his room, though we had to have a cot put in for me since his room was for one. He didn't seem to mind, but I felt bad that my comfort was at the expense of another guest.
I did hear other guests complain about same issues, but can't speak to that.
Young staff were very nice, but some were far to young for their jobs.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I traveled to Belfast with my wife, for my birthday and for valentines which is also on my birthday. We had planned a tour of Ireland and felt that Belfast would be ideal to start. The hotel staff were very attentive and nothing seemed a problem or issue. The Hotel has a modern decor and is very comfortable. The rooms are well layed out with very comfortable beds. Overall a most pleasing stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple