“Excellent hotel - absolutely no complaints!”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
New York City, New York
“Excellent hotel - absolutely no complaints!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I loved this hotel. The location is amazing, in central Belfast. You can really walk to almost everything. City Hall and the Cathedral Quarter are within 1/2 mile. Titanic Quarter and South Belfast (Queens University, Botanic Gardens) are a bit further, maybe 1 mile. The only cabs I took were to West Belfast and the Zoo. I took a cab to the Titanic Quarter, but that was because I was lazy - it is only about 1 1/2 miles. And for side trips, it is only a few blocks from the train and bus stations. The room was great. I mentioned that the tea/coffee station did not have any artificial sweetener and that I needed a few more toiletries, and they got them for me immediately. Room service was a bit pricey, but that is to be expected. It is on the same block as the Europa hotel, from which a lot of day tours before. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a suprise for my boyfriend after his graduation at QUB. Firstly, the reception staff are lovely and effecient!
The decor of the room is beautiful and very modern and spacious! However, perhaps a fridge in the room would be beneficial.
The bar is very relaxed with a great range of drinks
I had an incident of staining my trousers and had to rush into the city to get something new. The location of the hotel meant it was only a 5minute walk to all of the shops! Also it is surrounded my some of the best restaurants in Belfast!
Only critism was breakfast was a bit unorganised but they seemed very busy!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our recent stay at the Fitzwilliam. It was everything I could ask and more. We were over in Ireland for week at the end of June and came to Belfast for the final 2 nights of our holiday and have to say it was a fantastic end to a great holiday. From the small tray and message for our anniversary in our room on arrival, the room was superb, had everything anyone could need during a stay,the meal we had in the restaurant was beautiful, waiters wine choice was spot on though we never managed the 2nd bottle :(. Breakfast was excellent too and to top it off on our last breakfast we got a couple of glasses of Prosecco to celebrate our anniversary.

Room Tip: The room we had never had a great view though I have been told the Corner ones are good though they...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Londonderry
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at the Fitzwilliam on two occasions recently. Our first was disappointing. We were shown to our room, which had a lovely view of the main thoroughfare of Belfast. However, we were to discover that a number of appliances did not work. The room was very cold and had not been heated for our arrival.
We were upgraded to another room which I can only describe as ‘chique’. There seems to be three different styles of room. The more you pay, the ‘better’ the room/suite - or at least, that is the theory. Our upgraded room lacked privacy and essentially it was three rooms in an ‘open plan’ effect. Admittedly it was not to my taste. That said, the beds were comfy and the TV and refreshments tray were excellent. However, the food in the bar/restaurant downstairs was a little disorganised.
This hotel might appeal to couples, perhaps on a one-off stay in Belfast - honeymooners etc. But for the casual traveller, the price may prove prohibitive. That said, I would recommend this hotel with my final criticism going to the staff, who are a little too pretentious.

Room Tip: I would suggest you take care booking your type of room online. Use the hotels website to choose you...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
N.Ireland
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night this week as we were going to a gig in Belfast. Can highly recommend it. Service was exceptional from start to finish. Only let down was the food in the bar which wasn't great but we'll definitely be back!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed on 26th June for my wifes Birthday . From the moment we arrived and until we departed we experienced the most friendly and professional staff that anyone could meet . We have stayed several times before and each time it just gets better and better , cannot wait to go back to this fantastic hotel . Well done everyone .

Room Tip: I would leave it in the capable hands of reservations
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

As soon as we set foot in the hotel we were made to feel very welcome. Our room had a gorgeous contemporary feel and was spotlessly clean and was one of the best night's sleep I've had in a hotel. Breakfast was lovely and once again the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The cocktails in the bar are to die for! Definitiely felt like a 5* stay and I would highly recommend a stay here, or even a trip to the bar for a cocktail or two!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple