“Perfect Belfast Hotel with Exceptional Concierge Team”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family and I stayed at The Fitzwilliam Hotel in Belfast for 3-nights. The hotel was modern, attractive, clean and the location was convenient to restaurants, pubs and sight-seeing.

When I made the reservation, they did not have a room with 2 beds available so we booked 2 rooms (2 adults traveling with 10-year old and 12-year old). The price of 2 rooms was still less than what we paid for 1 room in other parts of the UK. We were so pleased at how large and well appointed the rooms were; made our stay very comfortable.

I especially want to acknowledge the exceptional service we received from the concierge team at The Fitzwilliam. Our 12-year had an issue with her braces during our trip. She was in quite a lot of pain and we needed an orthodontist badly. I tried to locate one who would fit us in but no one would make accommodations even with an emergency. I called The Fitzwilliam prior to our arrival to Belfast and explained the situation. While we were in transit, the concierge team (Gerard, Declan, Phillip) called nearly every orthodontist in Belfast until they found one who would do a house call at the hotel!! They also arranged for tours, made dinner reservations, recommended things to do with the kids... they took such good care of us! I can't express how much we appreciated their service and attention. Very friendly, helpful staff all the way around!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GlobeTrottingMills
There are newer reviews for The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice modern hotel. The room decor might not be to everyones taste but I found no fault in it. The staff are very helpful and accomidating and the location is brilliant. I was in a junior suite and the room and bathroom were extremely spacious. Loved this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Booked parents in for 2 nights for the 56 yrs wedding anniversary. From the initial arrival to departure this was a bad experience. Food in restaurant was cold and overpriced, the restaurant was empty and at 7.30pm was already setup for breakfast the next morning. The sound of the night club music was very off putting as well. The friendly service was the only good thing that I can say about this hotel.
They even charged my elderly parents £20 for asking to have their breakfast delivered to the room.
The Hotel had promised to upgrade my parents as this was a special occasion but this never happened.
I will not be using this hotel again there is plenty of better 3 star Hotels in Belfast.

10  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed for one night with extended family - check in staff very nice but overall, Very poor value for money! £130 for Room Only + parking - breakfast an additional £12-17!! The fire alarm went off while we were packing to leave - no member of staff told us it was just a test. Lifts out of commission (as expected in a fire situation) but again, staff did not know if we could use them or not when they came back! Parking situation difficult & slow. In summary, while check in staff were nice, my overall sense was one of very poor value for money!

3  Thank roisin
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed overnight with family. Staff at check-in very friendly and welcoming. Rooms beautiful -spacious and extremely clean. Lovely cocktail bar. Fantastic cooked breakfast in lovely surroundings. Would definately recommend -best hotel I've stayed in in Belfast by far!

1  Thank wilma74
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location very central close to all bars & restaurants,staff are very helpful polite can't say enough about them.
Now as far as the hotel itself !!!!!!! There is extremely limited parking in this hotel if your lucky to get one might not be a bad thing if you don't because they will charge you £17.50 a day for it so bad.
There is no entertainment at all in the hotel at night the bar is big and cold with no atmosphere. Breakfast will set you back £16.50 for a fry £12.50 for a continental my god it's not great. If I was to mark this hotel out of 5 I would give it a 2 and that's only because the staff are good. Belfast itself is absolutely fantastic the people are very friendly definitely would go back but not this hotel they sure know how to take your money not good value for your hard earned cash.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Barry G
Reviewed 6 July 2014

If you like a dark, dreary, minimal hotel this is it. Standard rooms have no tub but a whole bathroom shower, so you must remove all items in bathroom to take a shower. Even though they upgraded us to a room with a regular tub it is still an ugly hotel. Corridors are dark, furnishings are ultra modern or so someone thinks, and the food at the hotel stinks. Couldn't wait to leave!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family