The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
US$89
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
3,637 results
All reviewsopera housebeautiful hotelturn down servicemini barhotel barcentral locationcity hallfantastic stayfrom start to finishcooked breakfaststayed for one nightexecutive roomtop classafternoon teaconciergebathphilip
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Just home from a night in the Fitzwilliam Belfast. It all started so well, the receptionist was lovely i think her name was Joey. Got to our room and it was nice & modern. However; if you're a private person this suite was not suitable. It was all open plan so if you were having a bath or shower the person watchin tv can see you. No lock or snib on the sliding toilet door. (if you can call it a door)
The little extras in the room were great. Ie vanity kit, slippers etc.

We went for cocktails & they were delish. No faults whatsoever.
Lauren in the restaurant was great, very friendly & helpful.
The food wasnt 'fine dining' as such but it was bistro. My prawn cocktail were shrimps not long out of freezer and tasted mainly of iceburg lettuce. The rump was lovely. Creme caramel dessert wasnt good, chef didnt taste!

So got back to our room and my experience zoomed down. There are no windows so it was hard to breath. The air conditioning was very very VERY loud. The traffic with sirens and lorries rattling going past didnt help it much. Then to top it all off the couple next door were having an almighty domestic which lasted to four in the morning. I sent my partner down to complain but Reception didnt do or say anything about it. An almighty migraine then struck with no sleep, the room being too warm, air-con too noisey, traffic noise & my noisey aggressive neighbours! Room service then started knocking next door at 7.30.

The breakfast was the best out of all hotels ive stayed. Breakfast to 11.30 is fantastic.

No parking on site.

All in all, a lovely modern hotel its just not for me and i wont be back! So glad to get some sleep in my own bed tonight.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fussybuttrue
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Fab hotel where you are treated like royalty! Beautiful rooms, food is delicious staff are very nice.
Would stay here again!
Also I mentioned that it was my partners birthday and asked them to write Happy Birthday on his dessert but it never happened. I found it quite disappointing that this was overlooked esp when they weren't busy!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Great location, on-site parking if booked before-hand. It is not one of the cheapest hotels in Belfast but you get what you pay for. We had a lovely stay at the hotel, the bar staff were very helpful when serving.

Room Tip: City centre location, great for shopping or romantic night away. Noisy in the morning though due to the location.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in a deleux room. The reception staff were lovely on checkin, very helpful and friendly. We left our bags with the concierge, they informed us they would be in our room upon our return, which they were. The room was fantastic, one of the best we have ever stayed in, it had everything one could need. Our meal was part of our stay, the food and waiting staff were lovely. We got breakfast delivered to the room, again, great presentation and taste! Overall, this is a great hotel, the staff are a credit to the establishment. Location is great also. Can't wait to return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tipp21
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I usually stay here when on business in Belfast & after my latest stay this will be reconsidered!!! I was in room 514 & when I got in the room it felt dirty, the dust was thick & I have taken a picture to highlight this! I then noticed a hole in my curtains, not really 5 star is it? Onto the bathroom I went to clean my teeth & low & behold I burn my hand as the hot/cold tap is on the wrong way around!!! So if u want cold water turn it to the hot side!!!!
Next I want to iron my shirt, the iron I had in my room didnt work, wires were exposed & I asked for a replacement. This was brought up & wasn't a steam iron & not fit for purpose, I asked for another which was steam & it leaked profusely so in the end I went out with a wet & creased shirt!
Cocktails in the bar up next. When paying £12 for a drink (old cuban champagne cocktail was mine) you don't expect it to taste like old spice or mouthwash, rank & disgusting!!!! Thankfully, the night I had in Belfast turned my mood around, but then back to the hotel & morning comes!
Went to make a coffee & use the cafetierre, which wasn't there! Phoned reception for one & they brought up the coffee for it, not what I asked for. So they went back down & 10 minutes later reappeared with an unwashed one that had bits of coffee & water floating about in it!
Last but not least 3 times I had to go back downstairs to get my key card sorted as it wouldn't open my door!!! This was so annoying when you are on the 5th floor, but obviously just another glitch in the system & for one nights stay I've never spoken to a front desk as much in my whole time!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business