“ideal for teens”

Titanic Apartments
wicklow
“ideal for teens”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Travelled with three seventeen year olds during summer hols. Apartments are part of the Paddys Palace hostel and this stay included a Paddy Wagon tour of Giants Causeway and Derry. Two bedrooms ensuite with room in the lounge for an extra bed. Three TVs!. Kitchen facilities excellent...microwave, fridge and toaster (didnt use the cooker). Plenty of cafes around including an all you can eat Chinese. WiFi available in the hostel which is across the road. Very comfortable beds, plenty of hot water in power shower and very clean. Fifteen minutes walk to centre of town in one direction and Ulster Museum in the other. This venue is on the other side of the city to the Titanic Exhibition. If you are travelling by train, the Botanic Road station is nearby. No complaints from the lads who could watch football and eat pizza in comfort.

Room Tip: there are two apartments. we stayed in the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We booked out the top floor apartment. Didn't know there were only 2 double beds, but that didn't affect us.
The furnishings were basic, and yes we had issues. But. The guys over the road who were doing 'reception' for the hostel couldn't have been more helpful, especially for all the little things that went wrong (leaky fridge at one stage, issues with the tv antenna at another.)
We had a party of 4 and they brought up a trundle bed when an extra arrived with no hassles.
The apartments are basic. And if you don't book out both rooms you run the risk of having to share with strangers. But for us it was just what we needed and we stayed for a week. Something slightly better than a hostel but not as pricey as a hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Mayo Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I am after reading the other reviews and why am I not surprised! I'm only annoyed that I hadn't come across these reviews Before I booked!
Same story, booked apartments and then somewhere along the way came across one bad review so while in Belfast for a day decided to call in and suss the place out. The staff were very friendly but when I mentioned my surname immediately they said there was a problem!!!
They were honest and said their Boss was always landing them in it and had double booked our apartment for his friends who were coming up from Dublin, telling the staff to 'just get rid of us'!!
Great way to run a Business! I was offered a Guesthouse but explained that if I wanted a Guesthouse I would have booked a Guesthouse. The staff were apologetic and embarrassed but are very aware of their Bosses antics and still continue to work for him so I have No sympathy, I fell for their niceness but it didn't get me two apartments of similar status so I decided to reorganize it myself. I only wish that I created a song and dance to get what I wanted.
I continued to receive emails from Hostelbookers whom I booked through and was able to reorganize all but one couple from my party. The day before and with no luck I decided to get my sister to ring as she works in the Hospitality industry and got a room in a nearby hotel. The place is run with no care or respect for travellers who want to appreciate the hospitality of a lovely city, it reflects very badly on Belfast but as long as people keep booking then this man is getting away with it. I have never had such a bad experience that it has compelled me to write a review but this place is Exceptional!!!! There are some Lovely places to stay in Belfast, reasonably priced and without the worry of being turned away at the door.. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here!
Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Fran M

Travellers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Reviewed 10 January 2012

these apartments are not really apartments, they've tried to glamorize it but really its a hostel! when we arrived we were told that our room was unavailable due to water damage and that we were being ''upgraded'' to an apartment of similar quality in another property that was supposedly owned by the same people. we had originally been promised our own amenities, a full kitchen for example, the other apartment was fairly nearby, they also argued that i pay them on the spot before i was even shown the new place, which i refused. when we got there it was just as much a hostel as the titanic apartments so we left and looked for other accomodation, which was very inconvenient as it was 10pm on a friday so finding one was hard. very misleadingly advertised.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank claireseyb
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I can't stress enough how awful my stay was in these apartments! Accomodation in Belfast is relatively cheap and you will most definitely find somewhere nicer and probably cheaper for your money. Firstly they didnt have the room we had booked and told us we would have to make do with a double room instead,no apology was made for this matter! secondly we had booked and paid for a PRIVATE apartment and now had to share with two other people. There was no lock on any of the apartment doors imply one for the front door. I am very nervous about security and considering the trouble that was going on with riots at the time did not want to have to rely on some stranger coming in drunk and forgetting to lock the front door,as we were on a very busy street someone could easily have wandered in! there is no staff available if something does go wrong either, there is no emergency number or anything so you really are on your own. we had a small problem which was dealt with in the more unprofessional manner. it was unbelievable! Never in my life have I been spoken to like i was spoken to by the owner of these apartments! No only was he completely unhelpful, he was arrogant and rude. He showed no class or upbringing whatsoever! He roared my business across a room full of people which was completely unprofessional. I was so taken aback by this horrific treatment that i couldn't even form a sentence, other people on the premises at the time looked on horrified as he continued to shout in an aggressive manner! I felt intimidated and scared of what he might do. He is a tall man with a strong english accent. I later learnt he is the owner of Paddy wagon tours in dublin. Which i have always found to be TACKY to say the least!!!! They show nothing of the true ireland and buy into gimics! and pure rubbish all the cliches that irish people hate!!! If you want to see real ireland DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM! you will be very disappointed!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank niamh20a
Reviewed 5 July 2011

myself and my friend book this apartment an asked for a twin room when we got there on the friday eveing we were told that someone had booked us in the double room but they would move us into the twin room the next morning which we didn mind, but what we didnt know was that the apartment was a two bedroom apartment which we had to share with two strangers and the lock on our bedroom was not working, we also came across an incident while we were staying there for the weekend, on the saturday night when we came home we accidently hit off the fire alarm emergancy button which had no glass over it an was an easy mistake to make as there was no light in d hall way we tried call the fire brigade but there was nothing they could do unless there was a fire that we needed to contact the landlord but there was no contact number for anyone 2 contact in the case of an emergancy an also no reception so we had to disconect the alarm and told them wat had happen the next morning on our departure as there was no one over to us to see if everything was alright, we then later recivied an bill of 462.24 (euro) for the damage we done which was well over priced but we went in to pay the bill without hesitation and had to deal with the most rudest an ignorant man i have ever met in my life he had no customer service skills an was in noway professional at all as he was calling us "gurriers" across the recepition area which was filled with people he wouldnt let us speak said we destroyed his apartment in noway did we we left it spotless before we left this problem could have easliy been solved if there was someone to contact incase of an emergancy, he was the most rudest ignorant person i ever had to deal with i dont know how he is running a business with his attitude they seem to be scaming money of people in any possible way , we were well over charged by all means, so my advice would be is to find somewhere else or if you do stay take note of all fire equipment an make sure you get a contact number incase of an emergancy on your arrival, i will be advising all friends and family going to belfast to stay well clear of this accomadation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank nadine09
Glen Rock, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We paid for a "deluxe" room and got a cramped room with few amenities. The breakfast was going to another room and looking in the refrigerator for something to eat. This was all prearranged by Paddywagon Tours. We paid a very large upgrade, not to be sleeping in a hostel and that was what we got. What a ripoff.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple