“Light and airy restaurant near Queens university”
Review of Cafe Conor

Cafe Conor
Ranked #97 of 1,052 Restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are open from breakfast till late and have numerous delicious modern European dishes to choose.From original comfort foods and classic dishes, there will be something for everyone. We are known in Belfast for delivering the best from tasty homemade snacks to hearty evening meals. Our unusual high-ceilinged room is brightened with the natural light from the lantern roof and was originally the studio of local artist William Conor (1944-1954).
“Light and airy restaurant near Queens university”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Light and airy inside with big tables spaced in such a way so as you are not sitting on top of the people next to you.
The staff were quite attentive and friendly and everything came reasonably quickly even though the place was pretty busy with the midweek theatre diners.
The menu itself was pretty chicken based but imaginative and well cooked.

Will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014

belfast
“Always Fantastic!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife, daughter and I have eaten in Conor on half a dozen occasions for dinner and Lunch and I cannot recommend it more highly. the staff are cheerful friendly and attentive. even giving my daughter a kinder egg on our last visit, the Food is always full of flavour, Fresh, hot and tasty, portions are generous and there is a varied and interesting menu and great specials on offer. The atmosphere is bright spacious and airy. I cannot understand how there are any complaints. It is great value for money and commands a great location beside the Ulster Museum and Botanic gardens.

• Visited June 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shocking”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Was passing cafe conor last week and decided to treat myself and my partner to a nice late dinner.. if only I had walked on past. It was busy but on hindsight am sure this is because of the cheap offers on. The menu was given to us without a drink order being asked for and we waited for about 10minutes before any order was taken. The staff initially seemed more interested in each others social lives as they laughed and played with their hair at the bar.
On looking at the menu we felt it was of an 'ethnic' description and this surprised us. I went for the jamaican jerk chicken salad. It was terribly dry and the leaves looked almost rotten. My partner had the 'BURGER'. I put this in marks as im not sure what it was. The bap was stale the slaw was inedible and the chips tasted almost dirty. Since we were not checked during our meal we had to just leave the remainder. When cleared the waitress didn't seem to care if we enjoyed it or not just whisking our plates away and mumbling about coffees.
We decided to get out quickly and seems like we had overstayed our welcome as staff were having a glass of WINE at the bar. Horrendous service standard and food no better.

1 Thank foodrealitycheck
N. Ireland
“just love this cafe”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We have been to this cafe so many times over the past years (and even a couple of times as students when we went to QUB, just for a coffee!)

Opposite the excellent Museum of Ulster this was, I believe, the artist Conor's art studio. It is so light and bright with a large roof light.

Always great quality coffee but recently tried their signature coffee with chocolate, cherry and amaretto - what a treat.

We have always gone for scones or light meals and enjoy the open layout. Lots of noise and sometimes sitting on the long central table with strangers. Great atmosphere.

It is also licensed and a beer with the shared tapas selection is heavenly and filling. Main meals read well and looked gorgeous.

Only downside with this whole part of Belfast is difficulty with parking.

Visited May 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“New menu is awful!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I loved Café Conor with the old menu. Since they changed it last year, the selection of meals and starters are terrible. The starters selection is horrendous, unless you are looking soup or anti pasti's. Meals are not that great. Food was just alright, could have made better myself at home. Although the coffee was the nicest out of it all. Staff all hanging around the bar, service was poor. Had to call them several times to get their attention. Bill was very experience for all that we had got. They have lost my custom completely and I was a regular. I won't be back!!!

• Visited April 2014