“Adequate, but missing some normal essentials.”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Adequate, but missing some normal essentials.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

I stayed at Park Inn for three nights. Check in was smooth, as was getting there from the Central train station. The room itself was clean and simple. I think the bathroom was the star here.

Pros:
Central location
Reasonable price
Great contemporary bathroom
Ease of getting a taxi service
Excellent pillows
The windows open!
Friendly front desk

Cons:
They charge 10 pounds for 24 hours of WiFi (though I think there are rates that include it)
Key didn't work on three occasions
There aren't any toiletries in the bathroom other than soap dispensers
There wasn't an iron or ironing board
Quite a bit of noise from the hotel bar (my room was on the fifth floor facing the street)

The last morning there was a fire alarm where we had to evacuate the hotel. An inconvenience, but it was handled well and we were back to our rooms quickly!

1 Thank PaulusHookJC
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
The benefits of guest feedback are so we may celebrate our successes, but more over continually improve in the future. Your feedback provides us with an opportunity to do both and I thank you for that.
I do note your many positive comments you have provided and have communicated those to my team to congratulate them on a "job well done".
It is unfortunate to see the cons and I apologise should these have caused you any inconvenience throughout your stay. Please be assured that key cards and noise from inside or outwith the hotel are all problems that can be rectified once we are made aware. Equally, I am pleased to provide you with some opportunities to alleviate the other items highlighted should you choose to return to stay with us:
Internet does remain chargeable and is comparable to other city centre hotels within Belfast. We do however have some tailor made bedroom rate packages which include Internet Access; or alternatively, we currently run a promotion in our RBG Bar & Grill whereby if you purchase a beverage, you receive a complimentary hours internet access.
As part of our Uncomplicated brand vision, and in line with our Responsible Business ethos, we provide soap and shower gels in bathrooms from dispensers. This alleviates a large amount of waste for the hotel and negative environmental impact. A full compliment of Toiletries and items such as irons and boards are available upon guest request from our Housekeeping department as advised in Guest bedrooms.
Once again, I thank you for your review as it is only through such feedback that we can continually improve. I am pleased that there is an overall favourable impression held and do hope my comments will help you should you decide to return to our own, or any of our Park Inn by Radisson Hotels in the future.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

I recently had the pleasure of staying in a spotless, well proportioned and appointed room with very attentive staff, as a bonus there is a free sauna and steam room as well as a well equiped work out room.
Attached is a excellent restaurant and bar serving a great free breakfast.

Situated in the heart of Belfast, a short stroll takes you to the world famous Fibber Magees pub with live Irish music every night !

Room Tip: Ask the Operations Manager Michael,or the staff.
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
May I also take this opportunity to thank you for my personal mention. I, just like all of my team members, consistently aim to ensure all of our guests are personally looked after to the very best of our ability.
Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope you have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future, as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn By Radisson, Belfast.
clare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

I am just back from a stay at the Park Inn in Belfast. The hotel is lovely, my room so spacious and clean, the staff were so polite and friendly. I ate in the bar both evenings and the food was fab! There was such a selection for breakfast between hot and cold options there was plenty to choose from.
As I was in Belfast for business and it was my first time there travelling on my own I felt very safe and secure at the hotel. The location is ideal right in the middle of everything. Only about a 5 minute walk to Castlecourt Shopping Centre.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone lookng for a good hotel in Belfast and best of all the prices are very reasonable!

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that not only have you had the opportunity to experience our "Yes I Can" service culture, but that you have chosen to share it too! It is so pleasing and motivating to hear of a valued guests satisfaction.
We are very proud of our product and service offering. As a city centre hotel, we understand the importance of security needs of our guests which is why we have equipped the hotel with a number of functions (e.g: Key Activated Lifts, secure Front and Back of House areas) so as to ensure all our guests and team feel safe in their "home away from home".
As you have rightly described, we hold an optimum location for all city centre shopping, leisure and tourist attractions. I do hope you had the opportunity to experience some of these during your business trip.
If not, I do hope you have the opportunity to experience the exciting and vibrant city of Belfast at your leisure in the not too distant future, and will choose to return to stay with us.
Once again, thank you for your feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn By Radisson, Belfast.
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Great location, lovely clean hotel. Bar lively and fun. Staff really helpful booking trips and advice.

Kerry, Southampton

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that not only have you had the opportunity to experience our "Yes I Can" Service culture, but that you have chosen to share it too! It is so pleasing and motivating to hear of a valued guests satisfaction.
We continually offer great value deals, and I do hope that if you are returning to Belfast for a future visit to the City itself, you will choose to stay with us.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn By Radisson, Belfast.
Isle Of Man
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

My partner and I spent two nights here while over for the NW200, we loved the hotel, right in the city so close to shops, restaurants and bars and the service we received was second to none. The room was spacious with huge bathroom, really clean with lots of towels and toiletries. Breakfast was excellent, spoilt for choice and we had a fab night in the adjoining club too! The only minor down side was distance to the circuit, but we will would recommend without hesitation for quality accomodation and service.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

Got the 2 night B&B deal with 1 evening meal which was great value @ £179 + £20 for parking £199. Evening meal did the job before we headed out for the night & had a few drinks back in RBG to finish the night off. Bar closes @ 01.00 & no residence bar available so the night finished early. The breakfast the next morning was nothing short of excellent & great service. This is my 2nd time to stay here & I will no doubt stay here again !!

• Stayed June 2011
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that not only have you had the opportunity to experience the excellent Guest Service we provide to our guests, but that you have chosen to share it too! It is so pleasing and motivating to hear of a valued guests satisfaction. Please be assured that the feedback you have provided will be communicated with my entire team so they may celebrate their "job well done!"
Internet does remain chargeable within the hotel as you have rightly described, which is comparable with other properties throughout the city. We do, however, offer accommodation rates and bedroom types which includes internet access - our reservations team will be more than happy to tailor a rate suitable to individual needs. You can also now enjoy WI-FI in our bar with our compliments upon purchase of a beverage within RBG, which you may not have been aware of.
I am pleased to advise that we are currently reviewing the various licensing options within the hotel and hope to have the opportunity to offer a residents bar within the foreseeable future - hopefully in time for your next return visit!
Once again, I thank you for your review, as I very much look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

This is our third visit to Park Inn and again it was most enjoyable. The front of house staff are always pleasant and helpful, the rooms are cosy, but clean and comfortable. Great location for city centre shopping etc.. you also have a great choice for breakfast. excellent value for money. Only down side, limited parking and no views, most rooms look out to other tall buildings, but not an issue for us.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
It is so pleasing and motivating to hear of a valued guests satisfaction, and that this has been the reason for your numerous return visits.
I am delighted that you have had the opportunity to experience the "Yes I Can" ethos of our hotel and chosen to tell others of it too.
I do take note of your comments regarding car parking and unfortunately like most city centre hotels, this is something that is somewhat beyond our control. However, a number of alternative options are available at the same price of hotel parking, and we will do our utmost to ensure the easiest arrival and departure process possible.
Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope you have the opportunity to return to stay with us again in the not too distant future, as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn By Radisson, Belfast.