“good central, reasonably priced option”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“good central, reasonably priced option”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Have stayed here a 3 times on overnight stays. Its a couple of minutes walk to the city centre and the rooms are modern, bright , very clean. Staff have always been very helpful. For overnight stays there is plenty of on street parking in the surrounding streets thats free from 6pm until 8am. I've parked at the front door while checking in, then moved to a space, and the doormen have kept a eye to make sure i didn't get a ticket. In the run up to xmas the city council allow free street parking so check with the hotel if visiting round then.
They have a great bar/restaurant, can't coment on the food, but it looked good! Never eaten breakfast here , but can highly recommend the Harlem Cafe which is round the corner on Bedford street, fab. for breakfast, lunch and i think they are now open fri. & sat. nights.
Overall a good mid. range option if you want to be close to the city centre.
Word of warning to those staying on Black Friday (the last Friday before xmas). The hotel and city is full of people out on work does so expect very crowded bars and restaurants full of very, tired and emotional people!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast within the not too distant future.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend for valentines weekend; we bith loved it. ideal location for exploring belfast and great staff to help the wandering tourist. the room was spotless, spacious and modern while being cosy too. great food in the ajoining restaurant and although we found it a little hard to find we couldnt say a negative thing about this hotel

• Stayed February 2011
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Please be assured your review has been shared with my team so as to thank them for a job well done!
Shannon, Ireland
Reviewed 9 January 2012

location is a bonus the hotel is spot on, the food in the hotel restaurant brilliant, the hotel close to nitelife

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed at Park Inn for one Friday night with my daughter and her friend. Very convenient to shops and and only two minutes walk to Christmas Markets. We had a "triple" room which was really a double with an extra bed pushed into the room but was perfectly comfortable. We got our night on a special offer but not sure I would want to pay normal price. Although we had to be checked out by ten we wern't leaving Belfast until teatime. Unfortunaty the hotel has no locked facilities for luggage but the receptionist (somewhat reluctantly) agreed to let us leave our bags beside reception, but made it clear they could not take any responsibility for them.Would definately use the hotel again if it offered a special deal.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Please be assured that left luggage is available and we are more than happy to accommodate guest requests for this. Your bags are retained at Reception, which is not an individually locked facility however does work on a ticketed system, meaning your bags are secure at all times. The ticketed system ensures your luggage cannot being given to someone else.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We had a 2 night stay in the hotel in September 2011. We were a large group of girls on a hen weekend, so we were apprehensive that we might be treated differently because of this.
Not at all!!!
The hotel is wonderful and the staff a pleasure to deal with, both in the run up to the weekend, while organising rooms, and while we were there. Although the hotel was busy, the staff always had a minute for a quick hello or to stop and answer any query we might have had.
Location of the hotel was fantastic, within walking distance to everywhere and the rooms quiet and comfy.

I would definitely return again when next in Belfast!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Culchiequeen
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed here for New Years Eve cost £59. Room was ok, double shower, modern and clean but I was staying in a family room which meant I had a door leading into the room beside me which did very little to improve the sound insulation. Having said that I was not in the room that long and didn't have any major problems with the next door neighbours once they turned the tv off.

Had dinner in the restaurant - irritated me that I had to stand for 5 minutes before I was welcomed while 3 different staff either stood with the backs to me cleaning cutlery or staring into space. The manageress (I think) did eventually appear to ask if she could help and then to be fair she also agreed to let me move tables to a much bigger booth at the back. Steak was decent, cocktails also seemed decent - just thought the staff all seemed a little too relaxed and slow for such a busy night in the year.

Would consider staying again but I prefer the premier inn in the cathedral quarter to be honest.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leftturnclyde
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you have described.
I have communicated these to my relevant Managers so as to address and avoid any repeat. It is disappointing to read that you did not receive the Yes I Can! Service we are normally proud to deliver. Please be assured that we have a dedicated Manager on Duty 24 hours a day to resolve any issues that may arise.
I do hope you will return to stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at michael.weston@rezidorparkinn.com so I may ensure you are afforded our typically exceptional guest service.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Stayed for work, good comfortable room and great shower.
My only niggle was the breakfast. I'd not stayed there before so wasn't sure where anything was. No one bothered to greet me in the restaurant (or check i was a guest!), eventually I found a harrassed member of staff who said sit anywhere - but there were hardly any clean tables - most were uncleared. I then had to proceed to go backwards and forwards to collect everything for breakfast, they don't even bring you tea. Also my pet hate - a toast machine.
It is always a bit of a hassle trying to sort a breakfast on your own - do you leave a Kindle or the mobile on the table while you juggle the plate of food back from the drying heat lamps?!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note your satisfaction regarding our Bedroom Accommodation.
It is disappointing however to learn of your breakfast experience, which is as you have rightly described, not as you or prospective visitors should expect.
Please be assured I have addressed this item with my RBG Manager so as to avoid any repeat in the future. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and a service offering we typically get 100% right. I apologise that this was not the case and will ensure remedied for the future.
I do hope you choose to return, as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast, when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.