“Heating issues in January, food okayish”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The location is fine, parking is a bit of an issue in bad weather. In our case:

Check in was delayed
We asked for 2 rooms together could not them
Heating was temperamental in 1 room and a complete failure in the other, maintenance man came and declared it broken yet once we got moved the hotel receptionist possibly manager on duty was quite obnoxious.

A little bit of service would go a long way here

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings in service you experienced. Please be assured that this is far from the norm, as highlighted in other reviews.
Our Air Handling Units in bedrooms are individually controlled to ensure comfort of guests at all times. It is disappointing that it did not work for you during your stay and I believe your second room to have been comfortable for you. While a resolve had been offered, I understand your dissatisfaction as to how the situation was handled and can only apologise that this occurred. I will address with my Manager on Duty for that day so as to avoid any repeat in the future.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return to Belfast and would be grateful that you would allow me the opportunity to put this right for you upon your return. Please do not hesitate to contact me at michael.weston@rezidorparkinn.com so I may ensure you experience the Yes I Can! service, myself and my team are normally proud to deliver.
Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (1,866)

Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband treated me to an overnight stay in the Park Inn for my birthday! We were both very impressed with the room. I particularly loved the walk-in Monsoon shower. Coffee and tea facility included decent sized mugs. Staff were friendly and efficient. The location of the hotel is very good, as it is near to the city centre. Breakfast in the morning was carvery style (with a good range of choices) and was delicious. We both were well fortified!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Went here in a Friday night in January at 7pm. The fact that there were 2 people in the place should have told me something, but we went ahead.

4 of us were there, 2 where staying in the hotel and had meal as part of package hence why we went there.

2 x salad starters were decent enough, nachos were from a packet and slopped in a bowl. A bit disappointed at that, but nothing too bad.

The mains arrived. 2 x burgers were ok, but the chips which accompanied were cold and not properly cooked. They were frozen chips, not freshly made either. Who can't get chips right?

The fish and chips was an utter disgrace, how they could have even sent it out in the first place was a mystery. It was burnt, the batter was far too thick and the fish only made up a tiny part of it. It was sent back and a replacement was sent out. Again, it was a frozen fish and not fresh.

Same story with deserts, bought in rather than made.

Service was poor despite restaurant and bar being empty. 15 mins wait for 2 beers and a coke!

We got the bill and only then realised that the £15 bottles of wine we had ordered had been replaced by £17 bottles, no doubt another wheeze to make more money.

The chefs are clearly cooks trained in using a microwave and deep fat fryer, nothing else.

Price wise it was far from cheap.

There are many more excellent restaurants in belfast which are cheaper and excellent service.

Avoid this place at all costs

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sim0ns

Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast
I am sorry you felt we did not meet your expectations during this visit.
I have shared your comments with the my RBG Manager and Executive Chef for further investigation.
For yourself and prospective visitors, please be assured that this is not the service of standard we aim to provide. Our food is not frozen. Our Kitchen Brigade are a fully trained and qualified team, who carry out extensive comparison activities to ensure our pricing is in line with similar properties in the city.
It is of course disappointing to receive such a review and equally that the disatisfaction with the experience was not shared during the visit so we may have been given the opportunity to make this right.
As in all cases, we welcome all reviews as it is only through such feedback we can continually improve our Operation.
I am disappointed that you would choose not to return. However, should you choose to allow us the opportunity to provide you with the usual standard of service we are proud to deliver, please contact me at michael.weston@rezidorparkinn.com.
I do hope to have the opportunity to weclome you back to RBG Bar & Grill, when I am confident you will not a marked improvement.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

The standard of accommodation was as expected for a city centre business hotel. It benefits from a very good position in the centre close to a range of restaurants/attractions. It was just impossible to get the room, and particularly the bathroom, warm, despite reception altering the settings, which affected my enjoyment of my stay. The bar area wasn't ideal for breakfast either, which was average -the usual mix of continental and full English buffet, but not particularly memorable quality or choice. It's not a bad hotel at all, but I've enjoyed better stays in similar properties.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am disappointed to note the coldness of your bedroom. Our rooms are equipped with individually controlled Air Handling Units to ensure your comfort at all times. We have team on site to assist with this in case these either malfunction or to help with operating the unit.
Please be assured every effort is made at all times to ensure your satisfaction and if we can be of any assitance during your future stays, please do not hesitate to contact any of our team members who will be more than happy to help.
I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Park inn is a nice hotel, with very good restaurant and bar,
the staff is very friendly and helpful,
Rooms are comfortable and big bathroom with powered shower.
Very clean and New, kettle, TV, coffee in room.
good breakfast self service.

Cons: No free internet access. expansive if you get extra.
A extra pillow on wardrobe should be good.

Room Tip: far away of vending machine, far away of lift, ask to staff for pillow if you need
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that our Bedrooms, Breakfast and overall service offering exceeded your expectations. In relation to Wi-Fi, this is chargeable similar to most city centre locations, however we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas when a beverage is purchased in RBG Bar & Grill. Similarly, additional pillows are available on request at any time during your stay. I apologise if this had not been communicated to you and hope you are able to avail of these items upon your
return. Once again, many thanks for your review. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast within the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Have stayed here a 3 times on overnight stays. Its a couple of minutes walk to the city centre and the rooms are modern, bright , very clean. Staff have always been very helpful. For overnight stays there is plenty of on street parking in the surrounding streets thats free from 6pm until 8am. I've parked at the front door while checking in, then moved to a space, and the doormen have kept a eye to make sure i didn't get a ticket. In the run up to xmas the city council allow free street parking so check with the hotel if visiting round then.
They have a great bar/restaurant, can't coment on the food, but it looked good! Never eaten breakfast here , but can highly recommend the Harlem Cafe which is round the corner on Bedford street, fab. for breakfast, lunch and i think they are now open fri. & sat. nights.
Overall a good mid. range option if you want to be close to the city centre.
Word of warning to those staying on Black Friday (the last Friday before xmas). The hotel and city is full of people out on work does so expect very crowded bars and restaurants full of very, tired and emotional people!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend for valentines weekend; we bith loved it. ideal location for exploring belfast and great staff to help the wandering tourist. the room was spotless, spacious and modern while being cosy too. great food in the ajoining restaurant and although we found it a little hard to find we couldnt say a negative thing about this hotel

• Stayed: February 2011

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Please be assured your review has been shared with my team so as to thank them for a job well done!