“Would go back in a heartbeat”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Park Inn for four nights in Aprill and could not have asked for a better experience. The front desk staff was very helpful--we got our room at 9 a.m. upon arrival from Boston via Dublin--the location is tremendous--two blocks away from City Hall--and the breakfasts were everything we could have asked for. Quiet and tucked away, the inn had well-appointed, bright rooms and was a great base from which to organize our trips to the Antrim Coast and the Mourne Mountains. As the title of my review suggests, we are looking forward to going back again--once we can scrape the pennies together to do so!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevinRhodeIsland
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return to Belfast as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night while on a work trip.

The check-in was swift and efficient. I was able to get into my room at 1.30pm, long before the stated 3pm, which was great.

The room was very large, but fairly basic. There was tea & coffee in the room, and a flat screen TV. The bathroom was a good size. Soap and shampoo came from dispensers on the walls, and there was a hairdryer in the bathroom. The shower was excellent; powerful and better designed than most lower end hotels.

The hotel lift can only be operated at lobby level by a keycard, which made it feel pretty secure, and there is someone on reception at all times.

I was disappointed that my double bed was actually two singles secured together, so there was a noticeable ridge down the middle of the bed. I appreciate that this makes it easier for the configuration of the room to be changed, but meant it was slightly less comfortable. It was also a shame that there is no free wi-fi in the rooms; you have to pay for it. Free wi-fi is available in the bar, but free wi-fi is available in many public bars and cafes around the city anyway.

Check-out was efficient, and I would consider this hotel again another time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Loulabelle44

Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note what appears to have been an overall enjoyable experience.
Please accept my apologies that your bed was not to your satisfaction. The "Zip and Link" beds are designed in such a way that no ridge is evident, however this appears not to be the case. I shall address with my Housekeeping team accordingly to ensure they are Zipped correctly so as there is a seemless join. Please be assured that our team are on hand to assist with anything such as this at the time if made aware.
Once again, thank you for your review as it is only through such feedback that we can continually improve. I do hope you will indeed chose to return and if I may be of any assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (michael.weston@rezidorparkinn.com).

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Found this to be a great hotel, near most Belfast attractions. People at front desk were mostly helpful and very friendly. The concierge at the front desk on Tuesday evening gave us a great restaurant recommendation. Only drawback was there were no stamps when I asked if they had postage stamps. Most other hotels in Europe provide that service. For example, the Cassidy Hotel in Dublin does that. Saves the customer from having to locate the post office and figure the postage out. Other than that, breakfast was great. There were lots of options and everything was fresh. The rooms are clean and accomodate one electical outlet for continental Europe. Thanks for Michael for the good managementl.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
It was a pleasure to look after you and I am delighted that you enjoyed both your stay and visit to the city.
I am, however, sorry that you were not advised of our postal service available which I will address with my Front Office Team. We will happily send any post on your behalf through our own postal collection service and charge the postage to your bedroom account as required.
Once again, thank you for you review. I very much look forward to wecloming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Got a great deal on a stay with park inn. The room was clean, spacious and couldn't fault it in anyway.

On check in the receptionist was very friendly and welcoming, and also a great help in advising us where we could park the car.

We ate at the hotels bar/restaurant. The meal was really great value and absolutely delicious (worth visiting for lunch or dinner even if you are not staying with the hotel). The staff were very engaging and courteous, seeming to having a genuine interest in their jobs and their customers. The restaurant manager, whose name I believe was Stacey, was an absolute delight, bubbly personality and like her staff very engaging. I also saw her clearing away tables, which I thought was a nice touch as often restaurant managers can be seen ordering other staff about but very rarely getting their hands dirty.

All in all a great stay, and would recommend Park Inn to anyone staying in the city.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
MichaelWeston, Director Of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and have passed your comments to my entire team, in particular Stacey, so they are aware of your recognition of their efforts.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return, as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed 2 nights last week in the Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast on a business trip. The rooms are quite small but the facilities are fine for a business trip. I found the bed and pillows really comfortable and the temperature in the room was easy to adjust.

The bathroom was perfect for me with no bath and a big walk in shower with a double shower head - luxury! However, the toiletries were quite basic and there were no extras (I could have done with a shower cap which you get in most hotels.)

We ate in the bar one one of the nights and the food was very good and the service was excellent. Breakfast was slightly disappointing (only scrambled eggs and a bit cold and hard) and you have to make your own tea and toast - that is more like a Premier Inn than a Radisson!

However, overall I enjoyed my experience and would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Funfootballgirl

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
It is always pleasing to hear of our valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share this with ourselves and prospective guests to the city.
I am sorry to hear that you did not find our breakfast offering to your liking. Scrambled eggs are indeed available on our buffet, however we are happy to offer eggs cooked as you desire via waiter service. This should have been advised to you when greeted in the morning, and I am sorry that this was not the case.
Once again, thank you for your comments as it is only through such feedback we can continually improve. I do hope you have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

The room was really nice and you can't ask for a more central location. There's an outdoor parking lot around the corner which is really convenient. However, the service in the restaurant was non existent. The waitress didn't know what a particular sauce on the menu was and then asked me if I wanted her to go and find out. I was ignored the whole entire time I sat there and had to literally bang my plate to get anyone's attention. Their staff definitely need training on customer service.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note your satisfaction regarding our bedrooms and location and thank you for taking the time to acknowledge this.
Please accept my apologies, however, for the shortcomings in service you encountered in RBG Bar & Grill. This is by no means indicative of the service that we aim to provide to provide and I am only sorry that this was your experience. Please be assured that I have addressed this situation direclty with the host responsible and hope that the 100% discount in your check upon departure will work someway towards reinstilling your faith in our product and service offering.
Once again, thank you for your review as it is only through such feedback that we can continually improve. I do hope you have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast, when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.

Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

The hotel had many great points like an excellent bar and breakfast, quick efficient service and a decent location but the interior of the lobby and rooms has a cheaper feel. The rooms are very brightly decorated and sleeping in a red room isn't very relaxing, maybe it would be fine for a weekend away but rooms were a hard place to unwind being away for business. Also tiny pillows! On the plus side rooms were spotless and fantastic walk in shower.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank cloudnine83

Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted to note your satisfaction with so many elements of our hotel. It is always pleasing to hear of our valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with ourselves and prospective guests to the city.
Please be assured that every effort is made to ensure your comfort and relaxation during your stay. Additional pillows, cushions, and anything extra you require to make meet your own needs, we will be more than happy to provide. Simply request theitems prior to arrival or at any time during your stay from the Front Desk.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return in the not to distant future as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.