“Horrible dont stay here!!”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
“Horrible dont stay here!!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Unfriendly unapologetic staff,! I phones direct to hotel to book room for my mother sister and myself which they kindly took 214 pounds for and on going to room found 2 single beds and what can only be described as a child's cot bed, on complaint were begrudgingly offered a family room which contained a sofa bed we arrived at 5 and still weren't able to get changed or washed until 630. No apologies given. All in all horrendous will never ever stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Katey_1981
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip advisor. I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and have taken the time to investigate the matter.
We were aware of your issue during your stay and did our best to make it right for you at the time. When booking, it was explained that we had a twin room with a roll-away bed. This is not a children’s cot and is a fairly expensive piece of temporary furniture. It is lower than the permanent beds and we do make a point upon reservation that it is not a permanent feature.
The Family Room that we offered was a complimentary upgrade and we did offer a further reduction to your overall rate as a means of apology. I would like to apologise that you did not find our staff friendly or apologetic. This is by no means the image that I see of our team here and not the level of service that we aim for.
If you would like to discuss the matter further I would be happy to assist on darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com
Darren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Wicklow
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stay at the hotel at least once a year. I would never stay in another hotel in Belfast city. The staff are amazing - friendly, helpful & accommodating.
The hotel is located on a street just behind City Hall. Everything central is within walking distance.
There is an underground carpark which has limited parking for residents and is very secure. This can be booked with reception on checking-in.
The hotel itself is very modern and spotless clean. The colours in the bed linen, curtains, carpets are really vibrant. Housekeeping had left us bottles of water & Alpen breakfast bars. Some rooms have slippers & bathrobes also. The shower is huge with two different shower heads, plenty of hot water available & great pressure. There were plenty of towels, face cloths, pillows etc in the room. Flat screen TV with lots of channels & tea/coffee making facilities with biscuits.
Always have a great sleep as the bed are fantastic & little or no noise from anywhere.
Food in the bar RBG Grill was very tasty & well priced.
This hotel has everything you need for a city break in a great location.

1 Thank gfraney
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Belfast, we are always delighted to welcome guests back to our hotel and appreciate your positive review.
I hope that we can welcome you back to us in the near future

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a functional hotel located in the heart of the city. Great bars, clubs and restaurants close by.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was adequate.

However when I returned with a few guests, after hours, we were greeted by about 4+ bouncers (old style) who started shouting because we only had one room key. My guests were not allowed in. Which I totally understand, it was just the way it was communicated. When I returned later on my own I had another wall to get through.

We left for another venue and were faced with a mini riot in the next street, with one body strewn on the street. Given that scene I have some empathy for the need for the heavies but would not stay there again. I would recommend staying a bit further out and getting a taxi into the night-life area.

At the price it is not what I expect but do empathise - slightly. Well done to the reception staff though!

Room Tip: Not sure if there is a good view unless it is on the top floor?!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your nice comments about out reception team, they are a credit to the hotel.
I would also like to take the time to apologise to you for the way in which you were addressed by the security at the hotel. We use a professional and licensed company for this who are trained on customer service. They were quite right to refuse your friends access but of course this kind of encounter requires to be done in a certain way. I would also stress that we do not employee any more than 2 door men on any occasion. I can only assume that the other door men were from another nearby venue that had closed shortly before and stopped to speak with their colleagues at our hotel.
I must admit to being disappointed by the score that you have given our hotel, you have certainly seen something unpleasant at another venue but we have been given a 2 star review as a result.
I hope that you give our hotel another chance in the future and would love to welcome you back. If you would like to discuss any of the above with me, I would be happy to hear from you.

Darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com
Bishopton
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, very close to city hall, bus station, pubs, restaurants.
Nice friendly reception staff, got booked in very quickly, helped with taxis and maps etc.
room was fine, not very much space for more than a few days clothes, but was fine for us.
Huge shower in the very clean bathroom.
Bar is good, can't comment on food as didn't eat here.
Will definitely come back next time in Belfast.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BigJulesBishopton
Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to recommend us. I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future, I’m sure that if you dine with us in RBG Bar & Grill, our next review will be 5 stars!
Wales
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have stayed here quite a few times and it is my preferred hotel when in Belfast on business. The staff are very friendly and attentive and are genuine about it. The bar area is really good and unusually good for a hotel.

The rooms are pretty much what you expect from a Park Inn - modern, comfortable, clean and a very good shower. The hotel is large but quiet and given that it is on a side street there was no outside noise at all.

A minor gripe I have is that the gym has been moved and is no longer near the changing rooms and has less cardio vascular equiopment than on my last stay. It seems to be used for certain fitness classes, which I have no issue with, but there was definately less CV equipment and it was no longer so good as a hotel gym. The steam room was out of order but the sauna was excellent and all of the changing areas were clean and modern and well-appointed. I have used these facilities before and this adds value to the hotel.

Breakfast is very good, though the orange juice was very watery, and there was good choice. I will definately stay here again and would certainly recommend it to the business traveller. The rooms now have free wi-fi which is a real plus and the location is very good.

If you are looking for somewhere to eat, I would recommend Ginger on Hope Street, about 5-10 minutes stroll away.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your return to Belfast and to our hotel. We are really happy that you consider us to be your preferred hotel in Belfast and appreciate your feedback and nice dining tips for other guests.
I wanted to give you more information regarding the gym and the steam-room. The gym was recently upgraded to a larger facility which we were unable to incorporate on the first floor. We have now been able to move all of the existing equipment and supplement with new equipment and floor space to accommodate personal training sessions. The steam room is scheduled for repair shortly and we apologise for this inconvenience.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location for a city break, with city hall (the centre) 5 mins walk away, and a great bar called Robinson's just round the corner. Rooms are nice and staff very friendly! Only 1 small complaint, was bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned all over when we checked in. Mentioned at reception and someone was sent up to fix, but still didn't have toiletries after! However would still highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Belfast. I was sorry to hear about the bathroom. I understand that we serviced the bathroom shortly after and made a mistake with the toiletries. Our standard toiletries are fitted in the room and we provide separate ones on request. The lady that was helping you misunderstood the request and I apologise for this.
I am pleased that your stay was a positive one and hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Everything you need for a city break , good location, good comfortable hotel, lovely staff . Nice little touches in a reasonable priced hotel . eg dressing gown slippers , bottled water , tea coffee ,breakfast in room etc

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor.

It was great to have you stay and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to the Park Inn by Radisson Hotel soon.