“Great Place! Great City! Great Time!”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We visited the Park Inn Radisson for a few nights in November 2013. We were warmly greeted by (2) staff members Caitlin & Lewis. Check in was a breeze. Throughout the visit the staff was helpful and friendly. We were a family of (10) and had (3) rooms all were clean and well kept. One of our rooms needed to be switched to (2) single beds instead of (1) upon the staff being notified they were on-scene in less than (5) minutes to change the room. Wifi is available which is a plus when you have the kids!

The breakfast is included in your stay and well worth it. They offer a full assortment of hot and cold items, meats, pastries, eggs, fruit, cereal and porridge. In addition they offer omelets upon request. The rooms were less than a $100.00 U.S. Currency. You are in walking distance of many pubs, restaurants, and shopping.

The staff will also assist in booking "Black Cab Tours" and "The Titanic Exhibit". I do not have enough room to list the great time we had. Made made all the better by our stay at the Park Inn.

The restaurant/bar on site is also very good and recommended for lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your visit to Belfast. It was great to welcome your family to the hotel and I am really pleased that we added to the enjoyment of your stay.
I will pass your comments on to Lewis, Caitlin and the rest of the team and hope that we can welcome you back in the future

Darren

Write a ReviewReviews (1,852)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Come to Belfast twice a year and it's the 1st time staying here...will def be back. The reception staff were so helpful and pleasant on our arrival and could not have done more for us. There were 5 of us staying and not one of us had a complaint. Ate in the RBG and the food was amazing as was the music by the dj on Saturday night. Rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean with very comfortable beds. Can't wait to book another weekend at the Park Inn Belfast :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your return visit to Belfast. I am delighted to hear that you had a great trip and enjoyed our hotel. We have just re-launched our menus in RBG and are receiving some great feedback!
I look forward to welcoming your party back to the hotel

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Unfriendly unapologetic staff,! I phones direct to hotel to book room for my mother sister and myself which they kindly took 214 pounds for and on going to room found 2 single beds and what can only be described as a child's cot bed, on complaint were begrudgingly offered a family room which contained a sofa bed we arrived at 5 and still weren't able to get changed or washed until 630. No apologies given. All in all horrendous will never ever stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Katey_1981

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip advisor. I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and have taken the time to investigate the matter.
We were aware of your issue during your stay and did our best to make it right for you at the time. When booking, it was explained that we had a twin room with a roll-away bed. This is not a children’s cot and is a fairly expensive piece of temporary furniture. It is lower than the permanent beds and we do make a point upon reservation that it is not a permanent feature.
The Family Room that we offered was a complimentary upgrade and we did offer a further reduction to your overall rate as a means of apology. I would like to apologise that you did not find our staff friendly or apologetic. This is by no means the image that I see of our team here and not the level of service that we aim for.
If you would like to discuss the matter further I would be happy to assist on darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stay at the hotel at least once a year. I would never stay in another hotel in Belfast city. The staff are amazing - friendly, helpful & accommodating.
The hotel is located on a street just behind City Hall. Everything central is within walking distance.
There is an underground carpark which has limited parking for residents and is very secure. This can be booked with reception on checking-in.
The hotel itself is very modern and spotless clean. The colours in the bed linen, curtains, carpets are really vibrant. Housekeeping had left us bottles of water & Alpen breakfast bars. Some rooms have slippers & bathrobes also. The shower is huge with two different shower heads, plenty of hot water available & great pressure. There were plenty of towels, face cloths, pillows etc in the room. Flat screen TV with lots of channels & tea/coffee making facilities with biscuits.
Always have a great sleep as the bed are fantastic & little or no noise from anywhere.
Food in the bar RBG Grill was very tasty & well priced.
This hotel has everything you need for a city break in a great location.

1  Thank gfraney
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Belfast, we are always delighted to welcome guests back to our hotel and appreciate your positive review.
I hope that we can welcome you back to us in the near future

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a functional hotel located in the heart of the city. Great bars, clubs and restaurants close by.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was adequate.

However when I returned with a few guests, after hours, we were greeted by about 4+ bouncers (old style) who started shouting because we only had one room key. My guests were not allowed in. Which I totally understand, it was just the way it was communicated. When I returned later on my own I had another wall to get through.

We left for another venue and were faced with a mini riot in the next street, with one body strewn on the street. Given that scene I have some empathy for the need for the heavies but would not stay there again. I would recommend staying a bit further out and getting a taxi into the night-life area.

At the price it is not what I expect but do empathise - slightly. Well done to the reception staff though!

Room Tip: Not sure if there is a good view unless it is on the top floor?!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your nice comments about out reception team, they are a credit to the hotel.
I would also like to take the time to apologise to you for the way in which you were addressed by the security at the hotel. We use a professional and licensed company for this who are trained on customer service. They were quite right to refuse your friends access but of course this kind of encounter requires to be done in a certain way. I would also stress that we do not employee any more than 2 door men on any occasion. I can only assume that the other door men were from another nearby venue that had closed shortly before and stopped to speak with their colleagues at our hotel.
I must admit to being disappointed by the score that you have given our hotel, you have certainly seen something unpleasant at another venue but we have been given a 2 star review as a result.
I hope that you give our hotel another chance in the future and would love to welcome you back. If you would like to discuss any of the above with me, I would be happy to hear from you.

Darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, very close to city hall, bus station, pubs, restaurants.
Nice friendly reception staff, got booked in very quickly, helped with taxis and maps etc.
room was fine, not very much space for more than a few days clothes, but was fine for us.
Huge shower in the very clean bathroom.
Bar is good, can't comment on food as didn't eat here.
Will definitely come back next time in Belfast.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigJulesBishopton

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to recommend us. I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future, I’m sure that if you dine with us in RBG Bar & Grill, our next review will be 5 stars!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have stayed here quite a few times and it is my preferred hotel when in Belfast on business. The staff are very friendly and attentive and are genuine about it. The bar area is really good and unusually good for a hotel.

The rooms are pretty much what you expect from a Park Inn - modern, comfortable, clean and a very good shower. The hotel is large but quiet and given that it is on a side street there was no outside noise at all.

A minor gripe I have is that the gym has been moved and is no longer near the changing rooms and has less cardio vascular equiopment than on my last stay. It seems to be used for certain fitness classes, which I have no issue with, but there was definately less CV equipment and it was no longer so good as a hotel gym. The steam room was out of order but the sauna was excellent and all of the changing areas were clean and modern and well-appointed. I have used these facilities before and this adds value to the hotel.

Breakfast is very good, though the orange juice was very watery, and there was good choice. I will definately stay here again and would certainly recommend it to the business traveller. The rooms now have free wi-fi which is a real plus and the location is very good.

If you are looking for somewhere to eat, I would recommend Ginger on Hope Street, about 5-10 minutes stroll away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your return to Belfast and to our hotel. We are really happy that you consider us to be your preferred hotel in Belfast and appreciate your feedback and nice dining tips for other guests.
I wanted to give you more information regarding the gym and the steam-room. The gym was recently upgraded to a larger facility which we were unable to incorporate on the first floor. We have now been able to move all of the existing equipment and supplement with new equipment and floor space to accommodate personal training sessions. The steam room is scheduled for repair shortly and we apologise for this inconvenience.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.