“Central location, very friendly staff”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The rooms are spacious, clean and warm. There was a complimentary tea and coffee and internet as well. The best for this hotel is its location, just minutes walk from all the shops and central train and bus station. Staff at the reception and in the bar were very very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear paulina7_8

Thank you for your lovely review and for staying with us when in Belfast.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Belfast

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the park inn from the 30th - 2nd December this year, hotel is in a great location, parking is handy, 2-3 minute walk from the hotel. We didn't spend much time in the hotel itself but when we did the staff were very friendly! Also very handy to have vending machine on every floor! Will be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Amie F

Thank you for visiting Belfast and staying in our hotel.

Glad to hear that you had a good time and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Happy New Year

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had initial high hopes of the property as the reviews seemed very positive. The hotel itself is adequate and clean. The rooms are average size for a city centre hotel and the standard of cleaning seemed good. It did take an entire day for housekeeping to service our room but they seemed pretty stretched on the weekend we stayed.
The 'restaurant' is actually the adjoining bar and it is pretty standard pub fare. Restaurant quality was acceptable but not any better than that. Also forget about bringing children, if you want to have a meal in hotel restaurant in the evening. Pub/Restaurant was very rowdy so we avoided in the evenings.

2 problems with this property in my experience:
1- Parking is significant issue, we arrived with 2 small children and told there is no parking, completely unacceptable and this should be made clear at booking, they tell you to use the car park down the road but this is not practical with 2 small babies, plus there is no area to unload near the hotel so you will be forced to double park on footpath while you drop off - Car park is 5 mins away and down a dark street - Be wary if you are walking late night or alone.
2 - Reception staff, i found the staff at reception to be be pretty unhelpful. They did not help with any queries and were on the verge of being rude. They seemed to be more interested in having a discussion with each other than addressing a customer. (To be fair - one of the receptionists was planning a night out with her friend while i was waiting - That did seem very important to her). I don't want to stay in hotels where reception staff are soulless zombies but neither do i want to stay somewhere where staff do not understand the fundamentals of customer service.

There are other better options in Belfast for this price point, so my advice would be to use this hotel only if you have no other options.But if Parking, Customer Service and Food are not major factors for you, do stay here, it is OK.

Room Tip: Avoid room over the smoking area of the bar next door, unless you like hearing loud pub conversation...
1  Thank Philip D
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Yibbert

Thank you choosing to stay at Park Inn by Radisson and for your review.
I was sorry to hear about your experience, it does not sound good. In regards to customer service your experience is at odds with the vast majority of our guests. We do put a lot of time and effort into welcoming our guests and providing information and assistance. I sincerely apologise if this was not your experience.
With regards to car parking, we do have 6 spaces at the hotel but they do fill up quickly. I am sorry we did not have one available to you. The overspill car park that we offer is the NCP on the Dublin Road beside Moviehouse cinema and it does include a discount for guests. This is 0.2 miles door to door and a 2 minute walk. There is also an area to stop and drop of bags at the hotel door. If you had to double park, someone must have been in the space.
If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

2 minute walk to city hall so really central. Continental christmas market was on there so that was a lovely bonus. Staff at hotel are really lovely and helpful. Rooms are spotless and warm. Very comfortable and quiet. We overlooked the rear but it's on a quiet street so think all hotel would be quiet. Have stayed at park inns before and the only down point would be that the rooms are similar to budget hotels now. Apart from the decor, gone are the days of nice toiletries etc. you get tea and coffee but not even a biscuit anymore. Didn't bother us but chain have definately had cutbacks. Would stay here again though. Plenty bars and restaurants close by and also the hotel bar/restaurant is nice. Approx £6 for cab to airport and the bus drops you from airport just at back of city hall.

Room Tip: 217 at rear close to lift

Dear will0w19

Thank you for visiting our hotel and for your nice review

Have a great Christmas

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed here with my mam for a relaxing weekend away and it definitely lived up to the reviews I read on this site. The hotel is run on a no frills model but it still feels relaxing and comfortable. It doesn't feel like a 3 star hotel or that corners are cut to keep costs down. The bedrooms were very comfortable with everything you'd need. The breakfast was very good and again for a 3 star it had everything you'd expect. The only negative for us was the bar at night. There are televisions everywhere and loud music blaring so it wasn't a great place for a quiet night cap. However that's a personal thing and it probably appeals to a lot of guests.

The staff are the best part of this hotel. From check in to leaving they were very friendly and efficient. I was expressing breast milk while staying there and I had to ask the staff to store it for me. They were very obliging and when the milk was accidentally taken out of the kitchen fridge the staff were so worried and told me exactly what happened. I think their honesty speaks volumes for the integrity of the hotel as they could've very easily said nothing. I was very impressed with how they dealt with it.

All in all I couldn't recommend this hotel enough for a break in Belfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear intrepidlady

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family to our hotel.

Thank you for this most positive review, I am delighted that you noticed our attention to detail, you are right we do not cut corners and while we are a 3 star hotel, our goal is to exceed this expectation.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

In the meantime let me wish you and your family a lovely Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in March with my wife and father in law for a weekend of Ice Hockey, this was the 3rd time in Belfast and 3rd different hotel and considering the hotel was in an ideal spot and very clean we deffo won't be staying here again. The reason for this was after checking out and returning home my father in law found out that he had been charged £50 to clean the rooms after we left, surely they don't expect people to clean their own rooms before the leave, lmao crazy if that is their policy

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ramsey9

Thank you for your review and bringing this to my attention.

I have sent you a message to ask for you to be in touch as I wish to correct this matter urgently.

I can assure you and all other guests that it is not our practice to charge anyone after departure for the servicing of their bedrooms and I want to make this right.

I can be reached on 02890 677709 or by email on darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We decided to stay here last minute as the price was right. Room was fine- ( only one set of towels available even though we booked a double)
Walk up call at 6.57 am and 7.03am even though we did not order it. Had to take phone off the hook.
Breakfast was fine- how wrong can you get a buffet?!!
What really let it down was our experience for lunch in the bar.
The Barman was unfriendly, and did not want to interact with us. When asked what wine was on offer he had not a clue, handed us a printed piece of paper with items marked off it.
We ordered two sandwiches off the lunch menu. Waited over 20mins for them to arrive. When they did the bread was rock hard, and chips were ice cold. Had to bring it back up to the bar to hand back to the Barman, as he was busy watching the tv to catch his attention. A manager came over to the table to apologise and to say a replacement would be out in 5-10 minutes. I told him I didn't want it as the other person had finished eating. All in all it was a bad experience that really was not handled correctly. Maybe the management should look at training the staff in customer service and how to handle certain situations.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to hear about your less than satisfactory experience in RBG. The situation described is far from the level of service that we wish to provide and I would like to investigate further what happened so that I can rectify the situation.

I would really appreciate it if you could contact me directly on darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com so that I can try to make this right and so that I can address the matters raised with my team.

I hope to hear from you soon.