“Good hotel in excellent location;rooms a little on the basic side”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
London
“Good hotel in excellent location;rooms a little on the basic side”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a one night visit to Belfast to see friends.

The hotel is in a great location- very central and near nice bars and restaurants (just down the road from Donegal Sq, and about 10-15 mins walk from the cathedral quarter).

The staff were very friendly too.

The room was clean but relatively basic. We asked for a King bed but got two singles, while the bathroom had no toiletries and soap in dispensers. It's a step up from a premier inn but a long way from being 'luxury'. Still, for a central and comfortable room it was just fine.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear rf263

Thank you for staying at Park Inn by Radisson during your recent visit to Belfast . We pride ourselves on being the best mid-market offering better than 3 star service for a 3 star price. Our standard toiletries are in dispensers as this is both economical and good for the environment as it cuts down on waste. We do however offer individually wrapped toiletries on request if you prefer. With some online offers and online websites you can only request a room type, but if you come direct we will ensure you get exactly what you need. I hope that we can welcome you back in the future. If so please drop me a note on darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com and I will ensure that you get the King room that you were after.

Darren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in december, staff were friendly and welcoming at reception. Good sized double room with nice ensuite.
Our booking included breakfast which was buffet style and really good (fresh hot and cold food, eggs cooked to your liking).
Central location but no parking onsite, parking lot 1min around the corner.

Dear Kasha B
Thanks for your lovely review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and location. It is always nice to hear nice mentions of our team as they are our biggest strength.
We hope to see you back at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast soon.
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a short city break for the New Year and we were not disappointed. The hotel is in a great location with City Hall and the shopping areas within 10 minutes walk, there are some great pubs just around the corner. The shopping is great with all the top brands available, please note that you will get charged 5p for a bag so keep one in your pocket.
The room itself was a good size with all amenities, although we did not have a bath it had a large enclosed power shower with two separate heads which was really refreshing. The room was serviced each day and towels could be changed if you wanted. Extra tea/coffee/sugar were available from the front desk. Breakfast was great with a choice of cereals, continental style and cooked with plenty of bread,croissant and jams. All the staff we spoke to were very friendly.
We had a fire alarm whilst we were there which thankfully turned out to be false, the staff controlled everybody in a calm manner and put on tea and coffee once they found it was a false alarm.
My only gripe about the hotel room was it was at the front and you do get the bin men emptying the bins early in the morning but this would not put me off using the hotel again!
Thanks to the staff at Park Inn by Radisson for making our stay a pleasant one.

Dear Steve R
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel, it was great to welcome you to the hotel and I wanted to wish you a belated Happy New Year.
I am glad you had a good time and enjoyed both the hotel and our great city. Good tips by the way on the plastic bag charges and the things to do… We do pubs very well indeed in Belfast.
I hope we can welcome you back in the future. If so let me know you are coming on darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com and I will ensure you get a quiet spot!

Cambridge, UK
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We spent 4 very pleasant nights here while attending a friend's 60th birthday party at a nearby hotel.
Very helpful desk staff, and a spacious room. Plenty of nearby restaurants and bars, and its a short walk to the City Hall square where you can get buses all over the city.
Slightly soul-less dining area, and breakfast begins to disappear a bit before the scheduled closing time, but these were only minor negatives.
We'd be happy to return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear drmarkf

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel and for spending 4 days with us while in Belfast. I hope that your friend had a nice 60th celebration. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and welcome your feedback on how to improve our service. I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here before a few years back and had a great stay so we decided to come back for 2 nights to bring in the new year. Arrived very early for check in and we did not expect to get a room as quickly as we did so we appreciated that. Joshua was on the desk and was extremely polite and pleasant to deal with. Room spotless and well equiped, could not fault. Our issues began on the second day. Clearly a few members of staff were unhappy with having to work new years eve and decided to take it out on paying customers. We ordered a meal from the RGB from a waitress with the attitude of a spoilt child stomping about. We truely felt that we had commited a crime by ordering food! Would not rate the foot at all im afraid... 3 of us ordered ceasar salad that stunk and tasted of fish. As the night went on we got less impressed with the standard of service. I went to go up to the room however my card wouldnt work in the lift. I glanced over to the reception in hope the man there would come to assist but all i got was "you have to swipe and press the button" in an ignorant and patrionising voice. I knew how to work the lift it was the card that had a fault. This man (Dairmuid?) was rude to me and rude to the other two guys on the reception who assited me and sorted my card. I am so shocked that I am having to write this review but the attitudes of some of your staff really brings this good hotel down.

• Stayed December 2013
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear bt3trav

I hope that you are well.

Thank you for staying and dining with us and for taking the time to review our performance.

I am happy that you experienced some of the things that we do well with clean rooms and pleasant check in. This is what we aim for.

I would like to apologise for the drop in standard on the 2nd day. This is certainly not what we aim to deliver. I am investigating this matter with the team members on shift on the night in question. If you have any other feedback for me I would welcome your observations on darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com

If I can be of further assistance, contact me directly.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Booked with hotel on basis of price. Very reasonible. Very happy with our stay. Clean rooms with nice rain shower in bathroom. Very friendly staff esp. The lady on check out who gave us advice on our forward journey to the giants causeway. Definitally would return to stay again

Dear Elizabeth K

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your first trip to Belfast.

I am delighted to hear that you had a nice time and hope to welcome you back

belfast
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in Oct with my mother and was very impressed. We arrived too early for check in but went straight to the hotel in the hope that they could store our luggage while we did a bit of shopping. We were greeted by a very charming male receptionist who not only accepted our bags but arranged to have them taken to our room when it was ready. There had been a mix up with our booking, which I would like to stress was made by a third party booking agent, but the hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate us. We had been allocated a double room which was wheelchair accessible and no twin rooms were available. The receptionist, however, arranged for a full size single bed to be put into the room. As it happened the double bed was so big my mother and I would have had no problem sharing it. Both beds were extremely comfortable. The room was large and spotlessly clean as was the bathroom and the decor was pleasant. We didn't eat here so can't comment on the food. One thing I particularly liked was the hotel's security, which included lifts which only opened with the insertion of your room key and room doors with a chain like lock which ensured that you weren't bothered by maids if you were having a lie in.
All in all I would recommend this hotel and will certainly return here in the future.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear angiefitzp

Thank you for your review of our hotel

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Park Inn by Radisson and I hope that we can welcome you back soon.