“Good value hotel for a city break”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Good value hotel for a city break”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights over new year and thought the Park Inn was good value at a peak time. The breakfast however was disproportionately expensive so we just ate out. The rooms were clean, spacious and the bathrooms had a nice big shower. For a city centre location it was surprisingly quiet too.

• Stayed December 2013
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Nicola C

Thank you for staying with us and for your pleasant review.

I am glad you had a nice stay. With regards to breakfast the normal cost for the full buffet is £12.50 but a wee tip is to include it at booking stage or check in for a discount to £10 per person. There is a full hot and cold buffet range and we will cook your eggs to order.

I hope this helps

Darren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Stranorlar, Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed 17 February 2014

As regular visitors to Belfast my boyfriend and I now always stay here!. Never disappoints! Great value for money! The RBG is excellent. Good food, great drink! Each stay we have had the pleasure of the Donegal receptionists. I hate that I have forgotten his name but he deserves a special mention. His friendliness really sums up a warm welcome.

Each member of staff we came across were friendly, helpful and most importantly down to earth. Prosecco comes in a 1/4 bottle so one doesn't have to worry about getting a flat bubbly and each time we have stayed the staff had garnished the flute with a strawberry, a simple touch like that makes all the difference. A three star hotel that should be a four!

Only down side is you don't always get to use the underground on site car park (depends on demand) but they have a partnership with a carpark block not too far away, the parking here is expensive but that's almost a given in a city centre.

Rooms are clean, comfortable, spacious and have individually controlled air con!

Our go to place to stay in Belfast and the one we recommend to friends and family above other four star establishments we have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear DonnaMarie1990

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I will pass your comments to Stephen on Front Desk, he is the man that offered you the warm welcome. I am glad you like our attention to detail and our drinks offering is to your liking.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Regards
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed last night as a Valentines gift to my girlfriend. I must say our stay was pleasureable and comforting, room was top notch and spotless as was the whole hotel really. However the wifi service was not great and could be greatly improved and more detailed e.g. I no longer had use of wifi around half 9 the next morning and was not stated how long I had to use the service unlike other hotels. Also drinks were pretty expensive in the bar thus making us go elsewhere which isn't good as would preferred to stay in house. The breakfast was delicious and well presented/organised but bit disappointed there was no hash browns on offer, but overall we had a great stay and would recommend for people to stay here at least once.

• Stayed February 2014
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Chris R

Thank you for the lovely review and for spending Valentines with us.

I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us and thank you for the tips.

Little tip from us on the WIFI. If it cuts off call our team at Front Desk and we will give you an overide code so that you can continue to access the web throughput the hotel.

I hope to see you back soon.

Regards

Wirral
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights at the end of January. The hotel is pretty central and only a stones throw from the Europa Bus Station (which is where the airport shuttle arrives and departs). It is also just around the corner from the Crown Liquor Saloon which serves lovely food and a good selection of drinks! About a 5-10 minute walk to the main shopping centre.
The hotel itself is lovely, very clean and smart with friendly reception staff. The rooms were lovely too, spacious, clean and modern. The hotel was nice and quiet and not much outside noise for being in the city centre.
The only thing which was a little inconvenient was that the rooms weren't cleaned until 6pm. By then we had been out all day and were relaxing before the night ahead so we declined the cleaning offered, we were offered clean towels though and the 'maid' was friendly.
Overall if I was in Belfast again, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear TravellingGal83

Thank you for staying with us and for your most positive review and local tips.

It was our pleasure to have you with us and I hope that we can welcome you back. Please accept my apologies on the late service of your bedroom. We operate quite long housekeeping hours to ensure that all of our guests needs are met. If you are back with us in the future and are stepping out for a while, let our Front Desk know and they will ask housekeeping to service your room while you are out.

I hope this helps and we see you again soon.

Nairn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

After falling victim to the vagaries of the recent adverse weather which meant my flight to Manchester on 12 Feb was going nowhere, I found myself booked into the Park Inn. From the outset, the staff, particularly Darren at reception, were all most helpful and interested in looking after my needs. As a coeliac, meals can sometimes be a challenge on limited menus but having been escorted into the restaurant, Darren spoke with the Chef, who offered to make me any dish I wanted, off the menu, gluten-free. After an excellent meal and a glass of wine, I retired to a very comfortable double room and in the morning found a number of options available with a cooked breakfast. I was even approached and startled slightly when greeted by another staff member and asked by name, if everything was to my liking. As with many hotels, it's helpful to let them know the night before, if looking for gluten free options at breakfast. Exceptionally good service which I would thoroughly recommend.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Colin S

Thank you for the review. It is nice to hear about it when we are providing a good service.

I was sorry to hear that you had your flight cancelled due to the weather this week and we wanted to ensure that we could provide you with a silver lining to go with all those clouds.

I hope that we can welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson, next time you are in Belfast.

Have a lovely day.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here in the new year. Rooms are typical 3* standard, clean and basic. The bar is the hotels saving grace. Its a lovely place to relax in very comfortable surroundings. We stayed on a Saturday night and this is the first hotel I have ever stayed in where the residents bar closed shortly after 1.00 am. Hotel staff directed us to vending machines in the hallways that sold beer and wine. Very disappointing. Breakfast I have to say was excellent. Not sure I'd return though as it kind of defeats the purpose of staying away when you are ushered to bed shortly after 1.00

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear cs2006_11

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review and offer your feedback.

At the hotel we do have a fantastic Bar & Grill (RBG). This bar is very popular with locals and guests and as such requires some planning in order to offer a residents bar. As licensing in NI means that we cannot serve a non resident drinks after 1am we need to shut the bar. On busier Friday & Saturday nights we do offer a residents bar if demand is sufficient. This is just about every weekend of the year. The start of the year (first few weeks of January) we did not operate a residents bar but closed at local license time (1am).

I hope this clears up matters. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com
UK
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed here for one night while attending a conference nearby. It's a nice simple hotel that provided a comfortable night's sleep. My room happened to be a disabled accessible room which was enormous, with a huge shower/wet room with lots of handrails and a shower seat. Strangely though, there was very little room between the double bed and the walls so it would have been very difficult to transfer someone from chair to bed. Also, despite the enormous shower room, there was only a very small cloakroom size sink and virtually no surfaces to put anything on. But on the whole a good value and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: If you are a wheelchair user, check the exact room layout with the hotel if you need to get your cha...