“Quite acceptable”

GreenLeadersGold level
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Quite acceptable”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

It was very busy when we stayed here for the weekend. The bar and restaurant area got very full but they seemed to cope with it okay. Breakfast was quite acceptable standard fare with a good varied selection. We were on the top floor so the noise of the area could not be heard. It was hard to find fault anything. Just a good standard regular hotel, nothing fancy. If you want character then this is not the place but if function takes precedence over form then this place is fine. Seemed to be a good central location but then Belfast centre is not too big to walk around.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Ali921

Thank you for picking Park Inn by Radisson as your Belfast Hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and I am really pleased you enjoyed our location.

Darren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
northern ireland
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed here for one night as we were up to see a show at the Opera House. My daughter & I both were very impressed by the hotel overall and will definitely return here when next on a trip to Belfast.
The staff at check-in were quite friendly & efficient. We had requested a twin room if available and the receptionist apologized as this wasn't available, but then offered us a second separate duvet if we thought that would help. I thought it was a nice touch to offer this but there was no problem really as neither my daughter nor I minded sharing. Plus our room was ready early -that was a bonus. The room was quite big in my opinion, with plenty of space for hanging clothes, full length mirror - another bonus for us ladies!
Bathroom was spotless & plenty of towels etc. Massive shower cubicle withe twin shower heads.
Air-con was on but as it was cool in the room I turned it off.
The bed was king size & more than comfortable and I made use of the extra pillows on offer.
Breakfast was buffet style & there was everything you could wish for whatever your tastes. The style of the dining/ bar area is amazing, really impressive with a mezzanine level. I was taken aback by the furniture & fittings - plus it's quite spacious, stretching right to the back of the building.
I hope to stay here again & will be recommending this hotel to family & friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear reviewqueen18

Thank you for using Park Inn by Radisson as your hotel in Belfast.

We were pleased to welcome you to the hotel and are delighted to see your positive review. I will ensure that my team sees your nice comments and I am really pleased you enjoyed RBG Bar & Grill. We are really proud of the venue and believe it really stands out from the normal hotel bar.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

California
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I'll start with the cons, which aren't many.
*Didn't have a bathtub, we were traveling with a baby and it would have been easier to bath her.
*No fridge available in room. I'm breast feeding and pumping, so it would have been useful.
Pros
*Location is great!
*They have a nice bar and grill on the ground floor
*They said I could store my breast milk in their kitchen and ask for it as I needed it, 24/7.
*Had a hair dryer
*Because we had a baby, put us in 6th floor where it was quiet.
*Provided a complimentary cot for the baby.

Overall, it was a nice hotel and we would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Michelle H

Thank you for the recent stay and for your round up of the hotels features. I hope this will help guests make their decisions.

I wanted to add to some of your points to help guests as well.

Our standard rooms only have large walk in showers. We do have a few family rooms with bath and a much larger space. These can cost as little as £10 more than standard bed & breakfast prices.

We do not have fridges in the room but for anyone with medication or milk we can store safely in our main fridges or provide ice buckets.

I hope this helps

Regards

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Situated in a central location so it's easy to walk to all of the central districts and sightseeing tours. The room was basic but clean and the bathroom was great with dual shower heads. You have to let them know if you want to use the steam room and sauna 10 mins in advance but when I stayed the steam room wasn't working. The hotel Bar and Grill was lovely with great food and service.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joolzee
Dear Joolzee

Thank you for your recent visit and your nice review.

I was sorry to hear the steam-room wasn't working on your last visit. We have been working on resolving this issue with a professional from the field and have had it repaired recently. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Regards

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A very large group of us went across to Belfast from Scotland for our friends' wedding. The bride and groom arranged a discounted rate for the attendees which is why we chose to stay here. My partner and I stayed for 2 nights 8th-10th August 2014.

My partner and I travelled with another couple, our flight form Scotland was at 7am and we arrived in Belfast at 7.23am, seriously it was that quick! The journey from the airport to the hotel was around 30minutes and our return bus tickets were £10.50 each. The hotel is very central so easy walking distance to many shops and restaurants.

The hotel staff were very friendly. Despite check-in being at 3pm we managed to get our rooms earlier. The couple we travelled with got their room instantly and we were put on a priority list. When we returned 1 hour later our room was available. Very ideal since we had been up since 4.30am! While we waited for our room, we heard about the Black Taxi Tours from friends also staying at the hotel who were about to go on it. I enquired at the hotel reception and within a couple of minutes they had arranged our tour for 4 of us at 2pm that afternoon. The tour was excellent and a real eye opener so I would thoroughly recommend this. Our driver Keiron was fantastic and very interesting and knowledgable.

Back to the hotel - The room was very clean, and well made. The cleaner even arranged my (very messy) make up layout for me which was very nice! Our stay included breakfast, which was standard buffet breakfast but very tasty. We were sure we were told that on the Sunday the buffet ended at 11.30am but when we were arrived we were told it was 11am which is why there wasn't as much on offer. We still managed to eat though which was fine.

The only draw back was the beds. really hard mattress' or too soft pillows, couldn't work it out but I didn't have a great sleep and woke up with a sore back.

I would recommned this hotel and would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Sarah C

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Belfast for the wedding.

It sounds like you had a great time and I will be sharing your positive with our team.

I would however like to look at the room you stayed in to check on the mattress and pillows. If you would be so kind as to let me know on darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com I would be very grateful.

Happy travels

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Would like to see service in restaurant speeded up as takes almost an hour to take order and to start serving starters. A snail moves faster than restaurant staff. The rooms are airy and spacious but would be nice to have a bath in the bathroom instead of a shower. Some staff on reception were quite snooty in the way the spoke to guests. I don't really know whether I would use it in the future.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Jbbell

Thank you for your recent stay and for dining with us.

I was pleased that you liked the hotel but concerned to hear that the service you experienced was not up to our normal standards.

If you would let me know when you stayed and dined on darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com I would like to find out what went wrong.

Happy travels

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Booked the premier inn laat minute when we were in Belfast with my husband and our 4 kids youngest 1 oldest 10 staff on phone very helpful and we were given a great room large size with plenty of space for every one .We were very pleased as room space is important when u have large family.location waa great as we walked to shops. Definitely stay again .

• Stayed August 2014
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear janemat

Thank you for your review.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Belfast.