“Short break”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cork, Ireland
“Short break”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

this hotel was a bright clean welcoming stay for us on our visit to Belfast...the hotel with a modern bar with excellent food and a friendly helpful staff ....it is a short walk from the city centre shopping and has a number of good Bars nearby..... well worth a stay for a break

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear David K

Thank you for staying with us and for your lovely review.

I will be sharing your nice comments with the team

happy travels

Darren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed here about two weeks ago with a colleague. Getting wifi in the room was proving difficult (I had been told user id and password were my surname and the room number). I rang reception to see if they could assist. The woman on reception reiterated the credentials needed and asked if I was spelling my name correctly and proceeded to spell it out for me! No further comment needed on that episode! My colleague couldn't connect either. Wifi is a basic need for a business traveller. The following morning I was told to wait to be seated (quite sternly) by another staff member as he needed to "explain the principle" of how breakfast was served. The principle wasn't hard to grasp - it was a buffet breakfast. Perhaps a buffet breakfast with a difference though as it was served on freezing cold plates (from a plate warmer with a safety warning about how hot the plates were). Not only that but the hot breakfast items were very tepid too. All in all, not a great stay and the wifi issue alone would prevent me going back.

Green Features: They serve breakfast cold - should help save the planet!
Dear John M

Thank you for offering your feedback, I was sorry to hear that your stay did not go to plan.

Please accept my apologies for the confusion with the WIFI, we only ask in case we or a travel agent had made a slight error with the input of your name and did not mean to cause any offence. Thank you for the feedback on breakfast, many guests do like to have their options explained upon arrival at breakfast as there are several non buffet options. We also do need to clarify if breakfast is included in your price so my colleague did need to ask for you to be wait to be seated. Thank you for the information on the plates a mistake on our-side and i will be rectifying the issue. If I can be of further service, please contact me on darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

stayed here on a Wednesday night with work.
Room was lovely, nice and big with a big comfy bed. Had a great nights sleep, was very quiet.
Breakfast was ok, although the food seemed as though it had been left out for a while and there was no one to show me to a table.
Would definitely stay again - and recommend to anyone looking for a base for work/exploring Belfast.

Dear Rachel D

Thank you for the lovely review.

I am really pleased you had a good nights sleep and I apologise that we did not greet you at breakfast time. The buffet is refreshed regularly through the service but we really should have welcomed you and shown you to your seat. We also offer fresh made to order items like porridge, omelettes and a range of eggs.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future

Regards

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently sunday-tuesday whilst Belsonic was on. Arrived sunday evening, staff friendly, directed to our room, 616, which was clean, comfortable, modern and huge!! It was the corner room and had oceans of space. The bed was comfortable, extra pillows on the wardrobe were a nice touch. Lots of mirrors (I hate a lack of mirrors) and the bathroom was spotless and super modern. Big double size shower, with rainfall and portable attachments, good pressure and temperature. Smart little TV which we used to play the radio through. Didnt eat or drink in the bar so cant comment on that but it looked nice. Location is perfect for exploring the city, so central but tucked away so no noise at all. Staff also let us keep our bags in the luggage area in reception during the day before our flight home which was good.

All in all a great stay, excellent value for money. Would recommend!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Vicki R

Thank you for staying at Park Inn by Radisson when attending the Belsonic festival.

I hope the show was good and I was delighted to hear that your stay was good.

Eye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Perfect location to walk into Belfast, the fantastic market and to the Titantic Museum. Stayed for 3 nights and couldn't fault the hotel and its staff at all. Superbly clean. Room was bright, adequately furnished and bathroom had a double size shower which was great. Exceptionally clean, congrats to the cleaning staff. Very good buffet breakfast with plenty of choice, again young staff extremely helpful and attentive. Ate in restaurant two of the three nights and found the food and choice to be very good. Very atmospheric bar and eating areas. It was buzzing all the time I was there.
Reception staff amusing and helpful! If you want a short break definitely go to Belfast and stay at the Park Inn by Radisson you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I was on the sixth floor at the front of the hotel, very quiet no noise from the street at all.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Moira C

Thank you for picking Park Inn by Radisson for your visit to Belfast.

I was delighted to read your review as you have really experienced the stay that we aim to deliver for all of our guests; clean rooms, friendly staff with willing to share a laugh and a joke with exceptional service and a busy Bar & Grill buzzing with atmosphere.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Iowa
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed two nights recently at this place on bus tour of Ireland. Nicest hotel of any we stayed in on the trip. Clean, modern (they even had wash cloths!!) Extremely helpful staff. Breakfast buffet was good. Close to several pubs within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Cy2015

Thank you for the visit and the nice review.

Glad you enjoyed the hotel and sampled the local pubs!

Hope to see you back

Regards

Berwick St John
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Park Inn has an excellent location in Central Belfast. Staff are friendly and I was one of many checking in before 2pm. The key card for the lifts and rooms are a bit fiddly but the rooms are comfortable and functional. They are not as plush as at The Fitzwilliam but they are probably only two thirds of the price. They are certainly better than The Europa.
The free wi-fi was OK but slow. The biggest disappointment for me was the gymn which only has 1 treadmill, 1 cross-trainer etc so the chances of getting on your preferred equipment is limited, also when I visited it was more like a disco with very loud music blaring (I only stayed 10 minutes).
Breakfast was OK and check-out easy. I probably would stay again, though I would see if I could stretch to The Fitzwilliam if possible and I would not count on getting my exercise in!

Dear AttitudeAdjuster

Thank you for your recent stay and for the review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can welcome you back in the future. With regards to the gym, this is a private fitness suite that the hotel has access too. The reason for the sometimes loud music is that the Personal Trainers use this as part of their private sessions so it can be pretty loud mid session but this is not the case across the day. My apologies for any incovenience caused.