“Nice Room, but Noisy”

GreenLeadersGold level
Renfrew
“Nice Room, but Noisy”
Reviewed 6 September 2009

When we arrived in our we were pleasently surprised at the level of comfort, tasteful decoration, nice bathroom and large LCD TV. For what we paid it exceeded our expectations. Our room was on the 2nd floor directly above the hotel bar - so when we arrived back in our room after dinner we could hear some music from the bar, but not loud enough to keep you awake. We were then woken at midnight when the music volume was increased dramatically such that we could clearly identify what song was being played. Also, there were noisy guests in the patio area. I called reception and was told the music would go on until 1 am. I complained and was told that they would see if the y could turn the music down - this they did but no effort was made to quieten the guests in the patio area - so we had to endure very loud noise until 1 am when the bar closed. Upon checkout I complained to the duty manager who told me that she had had to speak the bar manager the day before about the same issue. I then also received an email from the hotel manager the next day which gave the impression that this was a regular occurance. So either they don't care about their guests or have training issues with their staff. It was a shame that the hotel was let down by the noise level as the room was so nice. However, I'd rather stay somehwere where the rooms aren't so good perhaps to get a good night's sleep. I received a full refund from the hotel but still would not stay here again.

1 Thank BuddyBoy33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Belfast
Reviewed 6 September 2009

Stayed here with my partner looking for a nice romantic evening. We choose here because of the city centre location but wish we'd gone elsewhere now. When we arrived at reception to check in there were no que's yet we were still asked to go to the bar and wait 10 minutes til we could check in. When we finally got to our room, there was a huge black shoe print on the bathroom floor and there were also pubic hair all over the floor. The water pressure on the bath was awful, it took about an hour to run and was luke warm. The heating in our room also was not working. When we went down to breakfast, there were no other guest there yet it took 10 minutes to get cutlery as the staff were all standing around chatting. And to top it all off we were overcharged. I did bring up all my issues with the manager and was told they would get back to me but I still haven't heard anything.

4 Thank belfastgal2009
Co. ClareClare
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Thought this hotel would be average but it was excellent. Both my boyfriend and I have worked in hotels for years so I normally have a very critical eye but there was barely anything to fault. The staff were lovely & very helpfull. The room was clean, modern and had quite nice design for a 3 star chain hotel. The shower was massive and the pillows were so good, I honestly considered taking one away with me. Had 2 lovely nights sleep. The location is great, it's right in the centre although next to impossible to find. The restaurant was really good. Bad weather made us decide to have dinner there, the quality, atmosphere and service made us stay on for drinks. Really classy modern bar/restaurant. 1 tiny fault: the Key card for the parking kept deactivating, but that happens in most hotels.It was great value for money, would definately go back again!!

lanarkshire
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Unsure what to expect when we arrived, but have to say absolutely no complaints. Staff very polite, rooms spotless and modern decor. Very close to bars, retaurants etc. Would definately recommend The Park Inn Hotel.

Sao Paulo, Brasil
Reviewed 29 August 2009

The hotel is very clean, the room is small but comfortable, the bed is good, there was a good TV in the room and amenities. The hotel is very near the bus station (really near – 5-min walk), which was great, because we got to the city by bus and then got a bus to the International airport to leave the city. The location is excellent, it is in a quiet street and there are restaurants and grocery shops nearby. The central bus stop (where buses to the whole city leave and depart) is quite near, too. We found it a safe neighborhood, despite the quietness. They have a great beautiful bar.
The staff was a bit badly humoured, but quite helpful. They didn’t have a concierge, though.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 27 August 2009

After having to move from the Stormont Hotel (see one of my other reviews), I ended up being a frequent guest at the Park Inn, one of the newer hotels in Belfast. I have to say that I have been thoroughly impressed by all aspects of this little gem, with just a few niggles.

The hotel is new so all of the rooms are of a high standard of decor, are well-equipped with flat-screen TVs and are scrupulously clean. The primary colour decor might not be to everyone's taste but I've never had a problem with it. The staff are uniformly warm and friendly, and are genuinely accommodating to guest requests.

The RGB restuarant downstairs offers a fantastic breakfast with a good selection of hot and cold food. The restaurant is also available for evening meals and the food is fresh and of a high standard. I'd recommend trying the Hanger Steak, an unusual cut of steak that one does not often find in British eateries. Very tasty if a little on the chewy side. Burgers are excellent - try the Western burger with avocado. Drinks can be a little on the pricey side though.

The hotel is non-smoking inside but smokers will be happy to know that they can smoke in the courtyard next to the bar.

The location could not be bettered in Belfast. Very central, close to the attractions of the centre of the city, but, due to its location down a side steet, most rooms are quiet. The only exception to this are the rooms on lower floors overlooking the courtyard outside the bar and those rooms directly opposite the lifts at the front of the building on each floor. Some guests can be rather thoughtless and be unnecessarily noisy when returning to their rooms or when visiting the vending machines (drinks, crisps and sweets) in the lift areas.

Room service is a bit limited and the dreaded tray charge is present, but the food is uniformly good,obviously freshly cooked and, on the frequent occasions when I have made use of the facility, you do get what you have ordered with no missing items.

Bathrooms are clean and the showers (two headed) are excellent. Disappointingly they have recently phased out the bar soap for liquid soap from wall-mounted dispensers. If it bothers you I suggest that you nip down the road to Tesco (turn left out of the hotel, left again, down the road past the cinema) and buy a bar. Towels are plentiful, big, fresh and fluffy.

The gym is well-equipped with weights, multi-gym and exercise bikes, plus two TVs to try to assuage the boredom of exercise.

Aircon is a bonus in a city that can be suprizingly humid.

Minor niggles - The flat screen TVs are digital but do not display a programme guide as they are linked into the hotel entertainment system. Not a problem for the occasional guest who is probably going to go out on the town, but a bit of a pain for the frequest stayer. The WiFi coverage is good but a chargeable extra.

I've finished my stint in Belfast now but I know that I'll pick the Park Inn next time I'm over.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank raybancat
Dublin
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We arrived in Belfast late, last Thursday night with no hotel booking and headed for Jury's Inn only to find that it was booked out because of the Tall Ships being in town. They recommended the Park Inn which is close to Jury's and luckily enough managed to get a room. We didn't have any expectations but were very pleasantly surprised. The staff were lovely - very friendly and helpful, the hotel itself is very modern, the room was very clean and comfortable and the bar is worth a visit! We paid 69 sterling and felt it was great value for a very central hotel. I would recommend it for a short stay/city break and will definitely be telling my friends and family about it.

1 Thank Macabra