“Clean and friendly hotel in a dirty run-down city”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We spent one night at the Park Inn, the first night in Northern Ireland after landing in BFS.
The staff is very helpfull and friendly and the rooms are very modern and clean. Good price value for UK standards! Inside the hotel is a big sportsbar with good food (Burgers, grill, e.g.) - maybe one of just a few places to go in this area! The neighbourhood does not make such a good impression, but i hardly think its better anyplace else in Belfast. If I have to go back again to Belfastm I would definitively stay there again. But I hope I don´t have to go back to this town ....

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank costablankoscheck

Reviewed 14 July 2010

just off the main square in Belfast (so its central but nice and quiet) the Park Inn is a great hotel. Everything about it seemed fresh and new. Pity you have to pay for the internet though.
clean rooms and nice staff

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank IrishGirl-late20s
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights. Our flight from America arrived early in the morning and rooms were not available until 3 pm. This was a little difficult because we were overtired and would have liked to freshen up but the availability is usually the same at most hotels. Stephen at the front desk was very cavalier about the room situation but Adriana, a new employee, seemed to be concerned about our situation and suggested that we take a black cab tour of Belfast to pass some time and assured us that she would hold our luggage in a back room for us. We walked around Belfast a bit, had lunch at the Crown, where a bartender overcharged us by 10 lbs sterling for 2 beers and took a black cab tour. I highly recommend the black cab tour. After 3, we were able to check into the room. As we were trying to check into our room with our young son, who was falling asleep as he was standing there, Stephen interupted and told Adriana, who was in the middle of helping us, that he needed his wallet and then after that she had to get his cigarettes. She did apologize but he did not. i might suggest that management remind him of customer service! Our room was a very good size. The housekeeping staff was very diligent and friendly. The breakfast was good. The location was good but a small word of warning that the front of the hotel overlooks a street where kegs are rolled out early in the morning from Morrisons pub around the corner. It seemed as if 75-100 kegs were rolled out to a waiting Guiness truck on Monday morning. We were exhausted so we did go back to sleep on Sunday but not on the following 2 days. There really is not an area to hang out in but it was fine as far as having access to various sights. I hope that Adriana at the front desk is recognized for her customer focused attitude. It was very refreshing. Andrew was also very pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2010

This hotel is in a very good location - just around the corner from Donegal Square and Belfast City Hall. So if you're looking for a city centre location, it's a good bet.

It's a fairly new building and the standard of my room was good - the large double shower is one of the best I've experienced in a hotel. The only criticism I have of my room is the positioning of a large lampshade at the entrance - it kept on catching with both the bathroom and wardrobe doors. I almost brought it down several times.

Unless you are staying in a business class room Wi-Fi is not free.

I ate in the restaurant and the food I had was good and freshly prepared. Table service started off briskly but drifted off after my main course - they looked as if they were shutting up the kitchen before I was asked if I wanted anything else.

What attracted me to choose this hotel was the mention of a fitness room and sauna. The fitness room is unstaffed and you need to ask someone at reception for a keycard to it. It's fine as far as it goes - small but unlikely to be very busy. As for the sauna - it's only switched on in evenings during weekdays.

All in all, this was an ok hotel and I'd stay here again, although I'll try another Belfast city centre hotel next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We waited in the hotel for two nights with friends. On arrival we were lucky to be able to avail of the free (very limited) underground car park under the hotel, however our friends had to pay for their car parking at a nearby car park, which isn't too far away but is far enough for an elderly person or if your walking with heavy bags or walking on a wet day.
The room was colourful and very clean, however it was small and when we ordered room service there was no small table to leave the tray on or eat our breakfast from and breakfast was £30 for two including room service which I thought was a little expensive. The ensuite has a large shower and the housekeeping service was very good. There is a lovely bar in the hotel which is very modern. Some of the staff were a little slow to serve us, when ordering food and drinks, however one barman called Darren was very nice and helpful. The food was very good but it wasn't the cheapest. The hotel is in a great location and the shops and pubs are all within walking distance which is a real plus for this hotel and it is one of the cleanest hotels i've waited in.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2010

My daughter booked us into this hotel as part of a tour of the North. We had a problem on the first night there (nothing serious!) but I can not recommend the Park Inn enough! The staff are amazing, the manager is simply the most helpful hotel manager I have ever encountered and the hotel itself puts many a five star to shame with its decor and cleanliness. Stay here and you will not be disappointed. Will be looking to book a trip back to Belfast again JUST to enjoy a stay at the Park Inn and say 'hi' to Gerrard the manager. Wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jlowe4
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I was stuck in Belfast, due to the volcanic ash & mentioned this when booking. This hotel couldn't have done more to help - provided all of the toiletries I needed, without having to ask + laundered my clothes and waived the charge. Enjoyed use of the sauna and steam room, which is something very few hotels in central Belfast have. Pleasant bar and good food.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business