“A little gem”

Add it.
Menu
Price range: US$0 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Barnsley
“A little gem”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We purchased a Groupon voucher for this restaurant and were amazed and delighted by the quality of the food and service. The restaurant manager took time out to chat with us and gave us a list of pubs to visit whilst in Belfast which was very useful. Our hotel restaurant was really busy however the food was not a patch on the food at Me:nu, which was really very sad. Make sure you visit when in Belfast we are sure you will not be disappointed.

Visited February 2012

belfast
“lovely meal”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

had a lovely meal at MENU went with my mum and young son - the guy that served us was very helpful especially with my wee son went out of their way to make us all feel welcomed and very helpful, many thanks

1 Thank sarahbfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“not as good as last time”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We returned to menu for a meal as the previous meal there had ben excellent.We were rarther disappointed as the meal was not up to the standard as the previous meal .I had prawns in batter but they were barely edible they were so salty.We both chose sirloin steaks for our main course which were very nicely cooked as requested medium/well done but our hand cut chips were very poor. The chipds didnt looked hand cut to us and were very scrappy looking. They were so thin like mcdonalds and so high in fat content.
In short we will not be rushing back to Menu.

Larne
“Nice restaurant and excellent food”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Food: Excellent. Myself and my wife had pork belly and chowder starters. The pork belly was delicious and definitetly comparable to other good restaurants I've been too. I have seen comments that the pork belly portion is too small? Go to Cafe Vaudeville or anywhere else in belfast - the pork belly starter is always just that - a starter. I wasn't going to try the side salad (because I usually don't) and was eating the pork belly along with the lovely tangy apple sauce. My wife had tried the salad by itself and said that it was not nice, but then tried it all together with the pork belly and the flavours mixed were spot on. It just goes to show that a great deal of thought has gone into the meal. The chowder when first served was too cold unfortunately and honestly I didn't like it, but again, once served hot, this was rectified and the flavour had changed completely. It was not my favourite type of chowder, which is more the creamy soup variety, but we both liked it. The mains were also very nice. My wifes sirloin steak was beautiful as were the chips and sauce. I had the morroccan chicken - the chicken was melt in your mouth tender and the flavour was very nice too. Dessert selection was unusual - we went with an egg-nog something and mulled wine sorbet. Yes, it was also very nice. I don't think that a few more desserts to choose from would do any harm. To suit my tastes a cheesecake, sticky toffee/butterscotch, chocolate cake, banoffee or something else a little more pedestrian would be nice!

Service: was also good. We did not feel neglected. The only "problem" aside from the tepid chowder, was that our dessert did seem to take quite a while, but honestly that is nit picking really.

If I could say something in terms of suggestions/faults?
It might be beneficial to light up the sign so you can clearly see the restaurant from outside. It is situated on a junction with a lot of buildings and other goings on. The inside of the restaurant is fairly dimly lit and is more or less hidden from most viewing angles, so It just doesn't catch your eye in the dull evening at all. I'm not being obtuse, but to us, it almost looked shut from 100 yards away, even though we knew it wasn't obviously! I believe if you could step outside and view it in the evening from across the nearest pedestrian crossing, you will see how the surrounding lights and buildings affect the view. I also think it would be beneficial to have some areas of the restaurant more brightly lit. It was very nice inside, but some people like bright and some people like dim. My wife did also see what looked like a £2.50 supplement on the steak, but I just let it go. That would bring the steak meal up to £21.45-ish? which is borderline. The main thing is that people do not like surprises. You would do better to just stick it in the actual cost instead of an 'extras' column.
To be clear - I'm not complaining about the value we received and in fact did make sure I overpayed my bill.

Looking down the list, I was quite surprised by how scathing some reviews have been and can only assume that either the service quality swings wildly, or that there is no pleasing some people, because this was a very nice meal and at the end, we were handed some 25% off vouchers, despite already using a livingsocial money off voucher for this meal. Thank you very much!

Northern Ireland
“Great steak”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Quite a good meal with wine £88 then voucher deal off! think I could get same value in lots of other venues. Service very quick meal well presented desserts a little expensive.Easy parking around back and close to other attractions.

• Visited January 2012