“An Ormeau Road Jewel”
Review of Bia Rebel

Bia Rebel
Ranked #3 of 69 Quick Bites in Belfast
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Description: We are N. Ireland's only ramen shop, on Belfast's Ormeau Road. We take our inspiration from this incredible Japanese tradition, but give it a distinctly local twist. We hand-roll our noodles, mix our own salts & dressings and source from small-scale, traditional local farmers. The end result is wholesome & delicious Irish fusion, on the go!
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I entered this place with some scepticism. A shop on the Ormeau selling genuine Ramen? How wrong we were! We ordered a takeaway of two plates of dumplings (gyozo), a duck and a chicken, for starters and two Ramen noodles: the Celtic and the Miso. Taking it all back home, our considered verdict was that everything was excellent. The dumplings went down a treat accompanied by a glass (or, maybe, two) of prosecco and the Ramen noodles were fresh, in a delicious broth, with lots of braised beef in the Celtic. Taken in its entirety, the meal was delicious and filling and, at under £25 for two, great value for money. Spicy or not, according to your taste. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank vkborooah
jennyP2085DH, Owner at Bia Rebel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you very much! Delighted you enjoyed it!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I tried 4 different dishes. All had a very distinct flavour and a lot of it!! I have never eaten Ramen (noodles) that were so fresh and with so much character. The tea smoked egg that was in the dish - simply amazing! The broth, very very high quality!! I will be definitely be going back and recommending this to everyone. Danilo

Date of visit: June 2018
jennyP2085DH, Owner at Bia Rebel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Wow, thank you so much for this! We work hard on every element so it feels great when customers appreciate that!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I happened upon this excellent little Ramen shop on the Ormeau Road. Go there. It's cheap, fast, clean, and delicious. I had the Rebel and a side Tsukidani salad, the perfect pairing of spicy soup and cooling salad.

For Belfast, this restaurant is a stand out for sure in terms of flavour and authenticity, but I also think that the noodles could hold their own in a bigger place such as London, Philadelphia, etc.

1  Thank jakea945
jennyP2085DH, Owner at Bia Rebel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Wow! This may be my favourite review yet- thanks so much for letting us know and we are delighted you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Called in early evening on a Tuesday and the place was already busy. Friendly and efficient service from the staff. Food was spectacular. Since I've been all I've done is talk about this place to anyone who'll listen. If you haven't already been, go. Go now!

1  Thank Ballycloughan
jennyP2085DH, Owner at Bia Rebel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you so much! We have the best customers.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Am a regular visitor to this fine establishment, at least 3 times a week. Friendly staff & great grub makes it a firm favourite, love their Celtic ramen, would probably eat it 7 days a week if I could

1  Thank ann marie m
jennyP2085DH, Owner at Bia Rebel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Annmarie - thanks so much for taking the time to write this. So glad our food makes you happy!!