“great food and great value”
Review of Byblos - CLOSED

Byblos
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Golden Mile
Belfast, United Kingdom
“great food and great value”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Been going to Byblos for years, mostly for lunch which is great value and tastes great.
The owners and staff and all very friendly.
Why buy a boring sarnie for lunch when can get freshly cooked meal sit down meal and drink for £3.99. Usually very quick so can be in and out in 30 mins.
Always think such good value that always give a tip.

• Visited May 2014

Belfast
“Beautiful Lebanese Food in Belfast”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I've been talking about my dinner to anyone whot will listen to me since last Saturday night. The ''/food was absolutely wonderful. We were looking something meaty, fresh and delicious and it ticked all the boxes. For starters we had some hommous and bread and shared a big platter for our mains. I've never tasted hommous as creamy and scrumptious ever! Abbas, our waiter was a delight and helped us with placing our order.
Thanks Byblos!

• Visited April 2014
Donegal, Ireland
“Great food and bring your own drink!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Arrived here with no reservation. Restaurant was busy and smelled DELICIOUS when we walked in!! We were seated immediately and told with no hesitation that it was bring your own drink - music to our ears. My partner literally had to walk 15 steps to the nearest off licence. We both had starters and mains. My partner had the fried cauliflower which was lovely, a dry dish but tasty. I had the chicken and mushroom stewer, again really really tasty. Mains were Kofta and another chicken and mushroom dish. This is my own note of concern; my starter and main were the exact same and the waiter never mentioned it to me. The dishes were gorgeous and light, but suggesting an alternative would have been better. However gorgeous wee place, and we will definitely be back. Two starters, two mains and a bottle of wine from the off licence worked out at £34 all in.

• Visited April 2014
Northern Ireland
“First time trying lebanese, quite nice”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Called in one evening midweek without a booking and had no trouble getting a table, there were 3 or 4 other tables occupied. The restaurant is not anything fancy but it is nicely decorated and everywhere is clean, including the toilets, which is always a good indicator.

The menu is quite limited but the food is freshly cooked to order and you can see them cooking just over the counter from where you sit.
We had the mixed main course for 2 people which includes one of each of the different kebab skewers, served with rice. The chicken kebab was delicious, the lamb was a bit fatty and the beef was quite nice. If i went back i would definitely go for the chicken kebab again over the others.

Overall, quite a nice meal but nothing exceptional, worth trying the chicken anyway

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Trav008
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Lebanese food”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was my first lebanese cuisine and it was absolutely beautiful. I would happily come back to this restaurant and will be telling all my friends. Also, great to find out that it was 'bring your own'. Cant wait get to get back.

• Visited February 2014