“Monday lunchtime”

Cafe Parisien
Ranked #169 of 1,173 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sat on the balcony and enjoyed the 2 course set menu in the sun. We had the pate and goats cheese and beetroot salad for our starters and the coq au Vin and steak frites. No complaints at all! Good value and service!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Decor is great and the food is amazing, would be great to go on a sunny day and sit out on the terrace overlooking the city hall

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Attended this restaurant for afternoon tea for a Hen party. I was very disappointed with the quality of the food and the service. Between the first and second course we waited over 45 minutes. The sandwiches were acceptable, however, once the pastries arrived it soon went down hill.

The scones were far too small and crumbled into pieces when attempting to cut them. The jam was liquid and ran off the knife, it was not set at all, It was also very bland and had no flavour!! The lemon drizzle cake was far too dry.

I drank the panna cotta!! Totally unacceptable....

For a “French cafe” the macaroons were embarrassing!! Once your teeth touched the outer crust it’s fell apart to leave a hard crunchy inside which could break teeth, not the soft chewy centre I was expecting.

The rose flavoured jelly was far too strong and tasted like soap.

I can forgive one error but the entire pastry section of the afternoon tea was a disaster!! None of the girls wanted to take the left overs home.

I am shocked that this cafe has a rating of 4.5/5 on trip advisor with so many errors.

There are far better places in Belfast for afternoon tea....

Reviewed 15 June 2018

We went hear in a familly group on a Sunday night and where very impressed. Although the restaurant was very quiet the night went the service wasn't rushed and the food was delicious. Extensive menu with a good Veggie option and great views of the City Hall. It has a lovely feature table for groups of 4 and I will be back on a busier night as I imagine the atmosphere would be great.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has an unrivalled view, decadent decor and a great atmosphere. Unfortunately on our visit this was let down by the service. Although the staff were pleasant, we waited at least 5 minutes at the top of the stairs to be seated before any staff acknowledged we were waiting even though several staff walked past more than once. The food service was slow... 45 minutes between starters and main is too long. The restaurant was only half full on a Saturday night so this was not the problem. Food was very good and no complaints, but service goes a long way!

1  Thank Laura L
CafePManagement, Manager at Cafe Parisien, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Laura L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit to our Café Parisien Restaurant.

Here at Café Parisien Restaurant, we aim to provide a varied choice of dishes to suit every individual, and I am very pleased that you found the quality of food to be very good. I have shared your wonderful comments with the Head Chef and his team and they were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal.

I am disappointed to know that you were dissatisfied with the service, and I am sorry that we did not have the opportunity to discuss this during your time at the restaurant.

I am very sorry that your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site and I would like to assure you that the team and I will be working as hard as ever to ensure that our guests have a wonderful time with us. We are absolutely dedicated to ensuring that each and every detail of a visit is perfect, and to assist in any way that we can. We are, of course, always looking to improve our very high standards of service, and your feedback is highly valued.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and my assurance that I have personally conveyed your dissatisfaction to my team.

Your feedback is invaluable to us, and your comments are most certainly taken into consideration and I hope therefore that you may allow me to speak with you personally. I can always be reached by directly calling to the restaurant or email at gbriota@cafeparisienbelfast.com.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Café Parisien in person in the not too distant future and to restore your faith in the restaurant and us.

Warm Regards,