“Excellent”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Arrived at Murphy Brown's on a Saturday evening without a reservation but thankfully got the last table. The menu had a great selection and was very reasonably priced. My husband and I went for the 3 course early bird thinking they would be small portions but boy were we wrong! It was also good to see that the kids do not have to have chips with everything and could have a mini-me of the adult menu.
Particularly liked the scampi and the dime bar explosion was to die for.
Glad to see that there is a great local restaurant in the north of the city and will definitely be back.

Date of visit: April 2011

Reviewed 30 December 2010

Having just moved to the area I was delighted to find a local restaurant like Murphy Browns. We found the staff very friendly and the food is up there if not better than city centre standard. I had the Sunday roast and my husband had the steak, followed by an amazing dessert – dime bar cheesecake. It not a huge restaurant, but the atmosphere was very welcoming and our two kids loved it. The staff gave them crayons and cartoon characters to keep them amused and asked us if we needed high chairs. We also found out when we were there that its bring your own wine, so my husband and I will definitely return some night to Murphy browns for dinner and a few relaxing drinks – then walk home!

Reviewed 28 November 2010

Murphy Browns, from the exterior doesn't exactly look the part, but once inside you are welcomed by the more than helpful staff, who pleasantly bring you to your seat, in a well furnished, modern style restaurant, but it all goes down hill from here.

At first glance, the menu isn't very extensive, and doesn't offer a wide variety of food, and furthermore alcohol can not be purchased here, you must simply 'bring your own'

I found my starter rather poor, with there being very little meat on the ''buffalo wings'' accompanied by a slab of tomato and some lettuce, being passed off as a salad.

I hoped that my 10oz. Serlion Steak would improve matters, but at just over £10 i now see that i was being very naive. the meat was quite low quality and not very appetising to say the least.

i decided not to chance my arm on a desert. as they were nearly out of everything on the menu, ode to this being a Sunday evening, which was furthermore very disappointing to say the least.

Finally my last criticism is on the music played at the restaurant. throughout the course of my meal, conversation was frequently interrupted by blaring pop music blasted through the speakers, as though the restaurant was supposed to double up as a nightclub.

so as you can see i would definitely not recommend murphy browns.

2  Thank citiciritc
John1414, Owner at Murphy Browns, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2010

Dear citiciritc,

I am very concerned to read your review of Murphy Browns. We pride ourselves on offering an excellent customer dining experience and I personally take any below standard experiences very seriously.
I would appreciate it if you could contact me to discuss your review. We value all feedback for continuous improvement.

John Weiniger

028 9039 1309
info@murphy-browns.co.uk

Reviewed 30 April 2010

This restaurant attracts many locals from the cavehill area and I can see why! With fresh fish ordered in every day and a range of different food on the menu there is a choice for anyone. I ordered the fresh mussels served with linguine and garlic bread in White wine sauce and was very pleased for the portion served for only £13.95, the restaurants most expensive dish! Staff are very friendly and efficient, and a polite young waitress named kathryn informed me that if I had arrived before 6.30 the early bird menu would have been available for only 10.95 for three courses. Great meal in a warm inviting environment. Five stars.

1  Thank sexyspot
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Do yourself a favour and go to this place. Good value, friendly service - good for tea/coffee etc- lunches, early bird is a steal - go on try it you won't be disappointed