“Super food, excellent service”
Review of Murphy Browns

Murphy Browns
Ranked #237 of 1,048 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish, European, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Super food, excellent service”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Decided to eat in Murphy Browns after visiting relations. With no booking we chanced our arm as it was full. They managed to sort a table for us
Vast range of food to choose from incl a very well priced early bird menu. We were too late for that but 2 of us decided on a steak. All mains were very well presented and steak was very tender.
We will be back and don't be put off by appearance
Even better was it was a BYO too !!

1 Thank Belfastman2

• Czech first
“Great find! ”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from a meal here with my boyfriend - recommended by a friend although neither of us had heard about Murphy Brown's before. We arrived at 6.25pm hoping to get the early bird menu but alas the place was packed. They told us it would be a half hour wait on a table so we put our name down and sat in the car. It was worth the wait! Boyfriend had a steak and chicken combo and I had a curry. I am assured that the mash was to die for - buttery and smooth. My curry was tasty and portions were plentiful. Bill came to a reasonable £30 which included 2 large soft drinks. We will definitely be back - and will be sure to book a table to make sure we get the early bird menu which looks like really good value!

3 Thank amandamc31
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Curate's Egg of a meal”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I dined here with a friend who lives up the hill from it. I ordered steak and champ, an odd combination, but a visit back to Norn Iron isn't complete for me without a plate of champ - and I did hear that the steaks were good at MB's.
The steak was excellent, a lovely piece of rump served rare, as ordered.
However, the champ was mashed potato with raw scallions (spring onions) chopped through it. Inedible and sent back immediately. The waitress was charming and helpful. A replacement dish of creamed potato was much, much better and she brought extra butter portions to go with it. Great!
Onto puds, we ordered summer fruit pavlova, always my choice in June. This was the worst pavlova I have ever seen or attempted to eat. One medium-sized strawberry had been slivered and the slices propped vertically over the top of the slice, held up by whipped cream. That was all the fruit. Below was raw, whipped egg white. Raw. Ugh.
At the base was some cooked egg white, but underdone, so that the swirls had transparent leakage of un-whipped egg white dripping from them. Inedible.
I could not return this, though I wanted to, since my dining companion who was paying for it was mortified by the state of the champ I had had to reject. It would not have been right to highlight this worse catering failure.
This meal was memorable for all the wrong reasons, but, the steak was really, really good too.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Pam G
Belfast, United Kingdom
“always good food and service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

have been to this place about 10 times in total..always great service and great food..reasonable too....def 10 outta 10.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Martin D
“Good food, good value!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely, clean and relaxed little place. Food was great for the price (chips were lovely!) and service from young man was very welcoming. Hopefully be back on next trip to Belfast.

• Visited June 2014