“Average Food.. REALLY terrible music and atmosphere.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Other Place

The Other Place
Ranked #480 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: The Other Place has been in the heart of Botanic for the last 15 years. It is the home of the TOP breakfast fry, great quality lunches and value for money evening meals with a no corkage charge on Bring Your Own. Call us to book a birthday, special event or big family night out as we can seat up to 20 people at a time.
Dublin, Ireland
“Average Food.. REALLY terrible music and atmosphere.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I went here for breakfast this morning with my boyfriend. The food was ok, nothing amazing but the music was unbearable. We told the unfriendly waitress and moved tables but still couldn't wait to get out of there. I really think cheesy hard house is a bit much at top volume on a tuesday morning on the Lisburn road. I would be equally disappointed with the music were it served to me alongside my fishfinger sandwich in Ibiza, it really was that bad.

• Visited April 2014

Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you want to taste Belfast this is one of the places to visit, great staff a prices are reasonable.

Visited March 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“T.O.P marks for this place. A+”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

After a surprise visit from friends I decided to take them for a meal. The Other Place was the choice. After being seated and getting the drinks in the waitress took our order. In less than 15 minutes we were tucking into our meals. All I can say is that all 4 of us could not say a bad thing about them. Great good at a reasonable price for the Lisburn Rd only 2 waitresses were on (and bloody good looking they were too) whom both made the experience very enjoyable. Will definitely be back.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Decent Brekkie”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I'm surprised by some of the negative reviews on here, a group of 5 of us went for the Ulster Fry breakfast and were all very pleased. The breakfast menu is very clear on the quantities involved, so those expecting a bigger quantity, should probably have ordered one of the larger breakfasts - ours were huge and there was still another size up! Lovely to get unlimited tea or coffee rather than a poky little cup too. Friendly service.

Dublin, Ireland
“A unique experience but not a good one sadly”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Having travelled a lot and experienced restaurants in many places, The Other Place takes the "biscuit" in my view.

With the exception of fairly remote places or where one might expect tap water to be unsafe I have seldom found it difficult to get a glass of tap water in a restaurant. However The Other Place has a policy of not serving tap water.

The only option is to buy a branded bottle I never heard of or do without.

A unique experience indeed!