“Nice Meal but 5 star?”
Review of Sonoma Restaurant

Sonoma Restaurant
Ranked #364 of 1,058 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: International and Irish cuisine.
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Nice Meal but 5 star?”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of getting a meal without the 2 kids on Saturday 24th May. We had a lovely meal and thought the service etc was very adequate. The food was good, but I would not have thought it was of a 5 star standard.

We went on a Groupon deal and got 3 courses for approx half the normal cost. I was happy with this deal,as it was about what I would have thought I should have been charged.

The one complaint I would have is the wine list. We are partial to a nice bottle of Rioja and went with a £32 bottle of Faustino viii Rioja. When they came out the bottle was a screw top and lowest grade of Rioja you can get. I have searched on line for this wine and can buy it for £3.56 a bottle without searching to hard for it.

As I say food was grand and with the deal we got more than happy, but £32 for a screw top wine you can buy online for £3.56 being 5 star I would have thought the wine list would behave been better. 5 star wine price, but 1 star wine.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Steven B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful dining experience. One of the best hotel restaurants in the world!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I recently had the pleasure of dining at Sonoma during my five night stay at Hilton Belfast. This has to be among the best hotel restaurant dining I have experienced. I base this opinion on my extensive travels across several continents and several hotel chains in the past few years. The staff are great (special accolades to Oliver!) and quality of food in presentation, quality and taste is superb. The wine list is also very good and they are happy to provide tastings before ordering your glass. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank stavanger85
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Not Hilton Standard”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Service over several meals, particularly dinner, was slow and surly, the food merely adequate. One meal was so poor five people at our table sent it back for vegetarian.

Visited May 2014
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Excellent breakfast. ”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We were seated and immediately brought coffee. There was a hot bar offering potatoes, eggs, meats, etc. another area had plenty of fruit, yogurt, toppings for oatmeal and yogurts. They also carried cold cereals and a variety of pastries. Everything we had was better than good and great fortification for a day of site seeing.

1 Thank Nonie Burchfiel... B
Belfast
“Expensive and disappointing ”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Our meal was served cold. Food itself was bland especially the salt and chilli squid starter.service slow and waitresses all seemed in a bad mood and not very experienced! very over rated! Avoid!